xxxv

decades later, i sit on my deathbed with you by my side, your hand clasped firmly around mine, a very frayed but familiar scarf holding us together.

i'm writing this as i feel my body shut down, the weight of death crushing my bones and withering them.

i want you to know that i love you.

i want you to know that you were never a burden, and i would do anything to live longer and spend my years with you.

i never wrote your name in my entries because it made my heart flutter, but for now, i will, because i won't get the chance to later.

do kyungsoo, you are a beautiful, genuine person, and i hope that life treats you well. take good care of minji, she's graduating university next year, and make sure that she and her boyfriend are well supported. i hope her eyes hold the same light that yours did.

the first time i saw you, i thought that you were breathtaking.

now, i'm hoping you take my breath away, because no death will fit me better.

do kyungsoo, i'll remember the times we cried together, the times we cuddled on the couch watching movies, and the times i promised to never leave you. i'm breaking my promise, i hope you'll forgive me.

i'll remember your warm eyes and your soft kisses, your gentle words and breathy sighs. i'll remember the way your breath hitches when you're nervous, or how your eyes trail the hem of my jeans when you're too timid to meet my eyes.

i'll remember your lyrics, the piano fingerings to your songs, and most importantly, i'll remember the day you gave me your scarf.

because that was the start of us.

i hope you live a long life, and remember that i'll love you even after death.

with love,
do soojung

an;
no this is not the end but there's only one more part