Spring and Rude Interruptions.

A massive tree.. that is what the massive Japanese city of Varus appeared to be to an eye who looked high from the sky..  It's branches were enthroned with beautiful cities meant for the most luxurious upper class.. the Trunk was embedded with environments and jobs, ranging from the lower class and higher... and the rest of the city  hugged around the shadow of it's trunk.. the Roots.. bore the low class citizens of it's population..

Down.. in the roots.. down in the very outer edge..  lay a neighborhood.. and closer into the neighborhood.. was a yard in front of a house that looked like a traditional Japanese home..

Yes.. it looked quite traditional with it's sliding screen doors, it's wooden craft.. and curved roof. And in it's front yard.. lay a particular girl..

She was an odd girl.. her medium length white hair was beautiful to behold, possessing a certain fluorescence to it.. as if lightning itself my come from it..

She wore a pink sweater and a skirt.. and she was snoozing peacefully in the grass. Any boy who saw her, might as well be immediately held by her beauty.

But.. this girl had a rather embarrassing secret..

She was not always a girl..

Narina Yukata, formerly known as Narin Jousuke continued to snooze peacefully in the breeze, possessing no allergies of any kind to the pollen infested air of spring, much to the envy of others.  Even when Narin was a boy.. he was unusual.. being a person who preferred calm to excitement..

But even an individual who preferred a quiet book and baking to loud rollercoasters loved the thrill of adventure, as proved by the well known book The Hobbit.

Narin sought this adventure through Rebirth.. a technology that would grant him the body of a hero.. However.. he accidentally, and unwittingly, selected a hero of the opposite gender..

And so now Narina instead of Narin, lay in the grass, enjoying the pleasant weather.

Another girl.. a red haired girl, wearing a pleasant blouse walked out of the house, and stood above Narina, her face seemed to give the look of perpetual calm.. which was normal with her..

Nue Elise, Narina's best friend from school, visiting for the Spring Break, nudged Narina's side with a foot.

"Narina-chan.. mmm.. your mother says Lunch is ready.."

Narina yawned.. and awoke. "Eh? Nue? D-did you say something about food?"

"Yes.. your mother has lunch ready." said Nue. "You should get ready.. mmm.. we know how your father is about punctuality.."

"Yeah.. kay."  said Narina. "Coming..."

As Narina stood to follow her friend,  a figure walked out from behind a nearby building. He wore blue armor that resembled that of a knight's.. however.. it possessed cybernetic traits that gave it a futuristic look as well.  A sword was sheathed at his hip.. He possessed long blue hair, and a strong face..

The man glared at the house. "So.. this is where you have run off to.. your majesty..

In the house.. the low lunch table was crowded, which was just how Narina liked it.. especially since she liked family meals.

Everyone knelt on mats around the traditional Japanese table, All the girls, including Narina's biological sister, Mizo, and her foster sister, Violet, all wore Yukatas, as was the tradition of the family. Narina picked at the sleeve of her yukata slightly but shrugged and continued to eat her meal

That's how it had been for most of the break, hanging out in the neighborhood, and relaxing. Who could blame Narina after all, considering the dramatic semester she had.