[about]

Shatter Love — the type that always breaks you, but you can't help falling for it again and again.

I've never been in love.

Let me clarify: there was once a time where I thought I had fallen in love with someone, when I was fourteen years old. He was two years older, womanizing, and despite the warnings that people had given me — I really thought that it was something special.

How could I help it? An attractive, funny guy just so happened to be giving me attention. He flirted with me, hugged me, complimented me in front of people who were so much better than me [at ballet], didn't I have a right to feel something?

Then we left without goodbyes, and I was heartbroken.

I haven't experienced love or anything similar since then, but what I've come to realized is that love doesn't change everything. Love doesn't make you cool, it makes you someone who's willing to try new things and isn't afraid of the consequences.

I've stopped having high hopes for love, because there's more to relationships than that. You have to communicate and understand each other for a relationship to work, and I don't know if anyone would be able to understand me the way that I'd need them to in order to hold my pieces together.

I feel a lot like Conrad — afraid of what love truly has to offer.

How could we not? After all, we're like mirrors — we've both been shattered.
* * *