Prologue: Lost and Lonely Spirit

Hello my readers. Time for a little AU featuring our favorite Pharaoh, Atem, from the Yugioh series. This will be my first reader insert ever, so I would appreciate some feed back and ideas for chapters. Check the title screen for a summary.

Key (basics for the first few chapters):

(Y/N)= Your Name

(L/N)= Last Name

(N/N)= Nickname

(E/C)= Eye Color

(H/C)= Hair Color

(H/S)= Hair Style

(F/C)= Favorite Color

(E/N)= Your Egyptian Name

Prologue

??? POV

I've been floating aimlessly in the abyss for gods know how long now, consumed by the loss of my beloved. They were perfect in every way: intelligent, kind hearted, courageous, a joy to be around, and beautiful. After the birth of our son, she died in my arms, her last breath begging me to name our son Leo, so that he would grow as strong and courageous as a lion. My heart was buried with her, though I remained alive long enough to raise our son to be the type of leader she would want him to be. However, after our dear Leo reached the age, I finally allowed my despair to swallow me, so that I may reunite with my beloved. No, not in the afterlife, but in another time. As I lay dying in my bed, I swore to find her if it took me 5000 years. And that is how I became this lost soul, wandering about in the darkness. However, just when it seemed my hope was about to fade forever, a bright light shown upon me and I began to hear voices. I wasn't so foolish to cry out as I was dead and they couldn't hear me, but this meant that my soul could finally find its other half and I may reunite with my beautiful queen once more. Just as I traveled into the light, I thought.

"(E/N), my love, I shall forge the entire earth to find you,"

Chapter 1: Valley of the Kings and the Egyptology Queen

No POV

Cairo, an archeologist and egyptologist's paradise. A land graced by the blessed Valley of the Kings which attracted many different types of men and woman. You were one such person. Your name was Dr. (Y/N) (L/N), the curator of the Domino City History Museum. You were a world renowned archeologist as well as egyptologist, greatly celebrated for your amazing intelligence and skills as both an excavator and researcher. Most notable was your relations with the native people of Egypt. While most people of your professions were seen as outsiders and evil demons to the locals, you had taken great pride in forming a friendship with the people of Egypt, wishing only to learn about their incredibly rich history, as well as swearing an oath to never disgrace the relics or leaders of the past. This was what set you apart from other archeologist and even egyptologists: while others may seek it for fame and glory, you simply pursued the past, hoping to grant these amazing leaders, once seen as living gods, faces and identities again. In some ways, you felt a connection with the ancient kings you studied. Little did you know, however, that there was a reason behind this, and your life would never be the same after that one discovery in Cairo.

Your POV

"I've never seen the reason why Egyptians had to mummify their pets after they died," my assistant and best friend, Angela (guess the reference and you can choose a scene in the next chapter), commented as she held up the mummified remains of a dog. She was a tall, Hispanic girl, with dark skin, emerald eyes, and an eye melting smiling. She was hot to put it bluntly.

"Couldn't they have just waited for the animal to die, then mummified them?" I laughed.

"That kinda defeats the purpose of sealing a tomb for all of eternity so the soul may rest,"