Chapter 1

"Melodi sweetheart come downstairs for a moment."  Jerald Melodi father called from the kitchen. Jerald was a nice looking guy to be his age. He was forty-one but looked twenty-five. He had a clean shaped up goatee and was very muscular. He put you in the mind frame of Micheal Vick but a much lighter version. Jerald had married Melodi's mom at a very young age. When Yosha found out she was pregnant with Melodi at the age of seventeen. Yosha wanted to get an abortion because she was to young to have a child especially being in college in all. But when Jerald found out that Yosha was pregnant and was trying to get rid of it he was pissed. When Yosha was five months Jerald promised her that she wouldn't have to work a day in her life that he would provide for her. And to a surprise he kept that promise after having Melodi Yosha went back to school and got her degree in the medical field she always wanted to be an OB/GYN. Even though she didn't have to work because she was well taken care of. Yosha wanted to pursue her dream and she did. At the age of thirty seven Yosha is the best OB/GYN there is. So with the  money that she was bringing in and also Jerald's money Melodi was beyond spoiled. They made a promise to Melodi that if she brung home all A's and went to college they would give her anything she wants. And Melodi did just that. Being an straight A student and graduating from high school a year early and graduating at the top of her class both high school and college Melodi was beyond spoiled. But she didn't let it show. She wasn't a brat or she wasn't stuck up. She was a normal girl with lots of money.

  Walking down stairs in her pajamas and a messy bun Melodi was still bad. Melodi had curves in all the right places. Melodi was flawless from her caramel  colored skin and long gorgeous jet black hair that she inherited from her mom and the bright green eyes that both her and her father shared. Melodi was blessed.

"Yess daddy" she answered sitting at the bar they had in the kitchen. The Washington's owned a six bedroom home with a miniature  movie theater and a bowling alley. The house was decked out with all white furniture. They had both a Jacuzzi and a pool out back. They backyard was extremely huge. If they wanted to build another house back there they could. Jerald Owned his own business and had an extra job on the side that had money rolling in.

"So your mother and I was thinking that we should throw you a party for your 21st birthday this weekend." Melodi was indeed a daddy's girl.

"Um dad I thought we talked about this" Melodi said putting her phone down.

"I know you said you didn't want a party but sweetheart its your forever 21." Jerald and Yosha been planning this party since Melodi's sweet sixteen where they brought her an all white Rover. The girl had it made.

"Dad I know how old I'm turning I just don't want a party. I'm not into that kind of stuff. Buy me a new iPhone five and I'm good." she said holding up her previous iPhone five.

"How did that happen?"

"I just dropped it coming out my room."

"I'll go get you one today but sweetie think about it. It'll be really fun."

"If I agree to this party will you and mom take a vacation to Canada" Melodi said smiling knowing that her daddy would say yes.

"baby girl some people want to go to Jamaica why Canada where its extremely cold and why just me and your mother why can't you come?"

"Because you and mom can spend more time together y'all need a vacation and if its cold y'all can't really go out." Melodi felt like her parents relationship was kinda going down hill. They wasn't spending much time together because of her moms work schedule.

"Fine but you can't stay here alone."

"Daddy why not and who are you going to get to watch me? I'm about to be twenty-one not twelve."