15

Halsey was dressed in black skinny jeans, a baby blue t shirt, and a black leather jacket. she was pacing around in Melanie's living room, having driven her to her apartment after she got out. Melanie was getting dressed for their date, that Halsey had planned. Melanie had no idea where they were going, just putting on a pastel pink dress and hoping for the best. she still had her make-up to do, though, leaving the other girl to pace a few minutes more. Halsey sat down eventually, deciding that she needed all the energy she could for their date. after settling down in the couch, she got a text.

from: mother marina
yo where tf u at I've been knocking at your door for like 10 minutes wtf

Halsey had completely forgotten to tell her best friend that she was in a different place and groaned.

to: mother marina
I'm in New York lol bye loser

just then, Melanie entered the room, Halsey quickly checking to see if her hair was alright. she looked at Melanie, deciding she had never looked better - but Halsey thought she looked beautiful all the time anyway. Halsey stood there, drinking in Melanie's appearance for a solid 2 minutes until said girl snapped her out of her daze.

"are you just gonna stand there and stare or are we going to go to your mystery place?" she said, smiling as Halsey blushed slightly. Halsey took the car keys out of her pocket with one hand, taking Melanies hand with the other.

"let's go"

---

they were almost at the destination, hands finding each other half way through the car ride. one of Halsey hands on the wheel, other in Melanies. Melanies face lit up when seeing a ferris wheel in the near distance.

"I've always wanted to ride a ferris wheel, but everytime I've gone to a carnival or something of the sort, the company i had with me didn't want to" she said, pouting slightly. Halsey just grinned as she pulled into the carnivals parking lot.

"I guess this is your lucky day then" she said, parking the car and taking the keys out of the ignition before opening the car door, quickly jogging to the other side to open Melanies.

"you're so fucking cheesy" was all Melanie said as she got out with the biggest smile on her face. Halsey just smiled and took her hand, closing the car door behind her and kicking said car.

they went up to the 'ticket booth', if you will, Halsey paying for their tickets and walking in.

"so, what do you wanna do first?" Halsey asked, smiling.

"well, if you wanna be even cheesier than you already are, then you can win me a stuffed animal"

---

a few prizes and rides later, the sun was setting and the pair were getting pretty tired. Halsey had an idea, and it was going to take the cake of cheesy-ness. she grabbed Melanie by the hand, jogging to the ferris wheel, despite Melanies high heels.

"during the sunset? how cheesy can you get? I've said the word cheesy tonight more than someone working in a cheese factory" Melanie giggled. Halsey just smiled, getting into the cart they were instructed to get into.

"aren't you excited though? first time riding a ferris wheel?" Halsey said to Melanie. she just nodded in reply, as the ferris wheel had started moving and she was more interested in that.

the light hit Melanie perfectly, her smile huge as she looked out over the lot. she looked perfect, and she was. at least in the blue haired girls opinion (yes Halsey has blue hair in this fic if you haven't noticed from the first time they met ok shush). she got up from her previous seat on the 'bench' that was in the little globe-type cart. she put her hand on Melanie's jaw nervously, sort of pulling her face towards her own and pressing her lips against the others hesitantly. pulling away after only a second, but Melanie reattached their lips. it was soft and slow, loving you could say. they pulled away after a while, nearing the ground again. they smiled at each other until they had to get off of the ride.

"are you ready to go ho-" Halsey started, before getting cut off.

"i love you" Melanie said quickly and nervously, not sure of what the other girls reaction was going to be. Halsey was shocked and taken aback for a few seconds before replying.

"I love you too"

---
jfc only 720 words I thought this was going to be more I feel dissapointed in myself anyways here's the new, long awaited chapter. I hope you guys liked my two drafts and ik you who added it to your library's (u little shits) can still read it so ig I hope you like it?? idfk I'm a rat ok so anyways I was listening to welcome to night vale and I started wanting to write so I did ((^^:: (welcome to night vale is fuckin ace) (js) ok but I hope you like it and I know it was fuckin rushed and nasty and v fluffy but meh just eat it and like it (ignore me idk what I'm saying I'm on a flight and I'm on it for like 2 more hours u g h bye)