5. Let's seal the deal

Start from the beginning

That fucking idiot George. He would never keep his mouth shut for s second. Good thing that he didn’t spilled all the beans to Sage.
"I am waiting." Sage grabbed my attention, tapping her foot on the floor for emphasis.

 "Jade. Come back from your bubble and tell me." she snapped out.
I blinked my eyes twice and spoke, “Oh, sorry. I don't know what you are talking about."
"Really? I know you very well, sister. You can't keep your mind idle for a second. There's always something going on in that little brain of yours."
"Come on, believe me.” I sighed and kneaded my brows, just for the drama part. “You know George. He is a strange guy, always talking nonsense."
"Fine. You don't wanna tell me, then don't. But let me tell you that if you are planning something, then drop it before I know about it," she threated as she started to walk to her own room.

Well, that went well. She didn't ask me as much questions as I thought she would. But let me tell you too as well - dear sister - that I always finished what I started, and I was going to do the same with the current one, I was going to find a nice guy for you, maybe not for breaking me away from the dating rule but just for you, you could experience it.

~~~~~~~

The next day, I reached school on time and went straight to my locker, thinking about what I would have to say to Ryan to make him agree.

Last night, after my encounter with Sage, I talked to Jess on the phone. She told me that it would be better if I talked to Ryan outside our school or someone like George would tell Sage again and I would get caught red-handed. And then get beaten up by Sage.

The day went like a blur.

The last period ended and I went straight to Ryan's locker to wait for him. Since he was a senior, we don't share any classes except AP math. So, I didn't get the chance to talk to him.
I was busy with my imagination when I felt someone lean on the locker next to me, and I could tell that he was smiling at me.
"Look who it is. Miss Newly came to meet me. I told you so, Cupcake. You’ll come to me someday. Although I wasn't expecting to see you so soon. Never mind, you are always welcome here anyway." Ryan opened his arms wide for a hug and a cheeky smile plastered on his face.

"Yeah, yeah, now don’t get all egoistic. I came here for a very serious issue." I spoke out with seriousness pouring from my words.
"Oh, really? What is it then?" He placed all his attention on me and groaned when I discovered my plan wasn’t going like I imagined it to be like.

Damn, I hated it when I already prepared a conversation in my head but the other person doesn't follow the damn script.

He stood back up and waited for me to explain.
"Um, why don't we talk about this somewhere else? I mean, somewhere out of school." I suggested.
"No. Tell me what you were going to say." he said stubbornly.
"I told you that we'll discuss this out of here because I don't want people to listen."
"What are you planning, Jade? If you want to go on a date with me then just ask. No need to be all mysterious, Pumpkin." he joked, chuckling at the end.
"Excuse me. I never said that it was a date. It’s just a simple meeting. Please believe me and come to Green Apple at six. I'll explain everything. Bye." I announced and ran away.

I ran to my car and climbed in. I didn't know if he would come or not. All I could do for now was wait.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~

So now  I stood in front of the Green Apple, waiting for Ryan to appear. I dressed decently so he didn’t catch any wrong signals from me. I called him here out of school, which was suspicious enough for him.

“Somebody here is looking adorable.” Somebody whistled behind me and I turned around to see Ryan.
"Thank you. You look decent as well."
"Thank you. Now let’s go inside and carry on with our date." he said with amusement.
"Damn it, Ryan. I told you it’s not a date." I grinded, looking at him with my narrowed lids.
"Yeah, whatever you call it." he said and walked inside.

We went to our table and Cece immediately came up beside me with the menu. I smiled at her and ordered a chocolate milkshake while Ryan ordered nothing.

“So are you going to say something or we’re only here to eat?” Ryan retorted sarcastically. I sighed and placed both my hands on the table between us.
"Um. Yeah. Actually… Iamheretotellyouthatmysisterisaverybeautifultalentedandcharminggirlandyouhavetodateher."
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, calm your horses, Snow White, and say that again, but slowly." Ryan chuckled.
"I am here to tell you that my sister is a very beautiful, talented, and charming girl, and that you have to get to know her." I smiled proudly.

He sat there for a few seconds, quietly blinking. I waited for his reaction when he suddenly burst into a fit of laughter. Tears started to roll down his face and he held his stomach to control himself.

"What's so funny about that?"
"Did you even hear yourself? You have to get to know her better.'" He imitated me between his laughter.
"Hey, I do not speak like that. And you have to do it."
His laughter died and he turned to me,"You mean to tell me that you are here to set your sister up with me?"
"Yup! You are right." I spoke out.
"And what makes you think that I'll date your sister? When I don’t even know her?"
"That’s why I said you should spend time with her so you could get to her better, she’s a great girl, trust me." I stated.
"If you think so then, my dear, you are wrong." He stood up from his chair and started to walk outside.
"Hey! Where are you going?" I, too, stood up and started after him.

He turned to face me and I saw the anger in his eyes. Why was he angry?

"Jade, I knew that you’re stupid. But this-“ He gestured his hand on the air, as if to make me understand better. “-is just plain insane. I am not going to be a part of this."
"Come on, Ryan. Please." I pleaded. Yes, I was that desperate. He seemed to be perfect for Sage; they both were zero at this dating ideal.

"Why are you so eager for all this?" he asked, turning to me.
"Because my dad won't let me date until Sage dates someone." I whispered shyly.
"Whatever it is, I am out of it. You can’t just go around and ask people to ‘get to know’ Sage better, Jade. It is dangerous, for you and for your sister." he announced, walking away.
“How is it dangerous?” I asked, following him. He suddenly stopped and spat, “You really have to ask me that? Then listen, what would happen if you pair up age with a wrong guy? What if he isn’t good enough for her and treats her like trash? What happens then?”

I stood still for a moment. He was making sense but I knew he wasn’t a bad person.
"Please, Ryan. Please, I know I don’t have to worry about that because I already found a good guy." I announced and smiled at him. I pointed toward him to show that my indication was toward him. He was my last hope. I could't just let him walk away like this.

"Damn, you are so annoying.” He blew on his face, like an annoyed kid would. “Fine. I'll do it."

I blinked for a few moments, looking like an idiot with my hands clasped and my mouth forming an ‘O.’ "Really?! Thank you, thank you! Thank you so much!"

"But what will I get?" He asked, suspicious. And again, I blinked.
"Come on, you might get a great girl like Sage, what else do you want?" I straightened and pulled an incredulous face.
He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I ‘might’. And I am being pressurized to do so."
"Shut up. Okay, then, what do you want?" I asked.
His expression changed into amusement and he said, "I'll tell you later, but you have to do it. No matter what."

I was suspicious with his behaviour at first, but I had no choice but to agree. I wouldn’t want to risk this only chance to lose the golden boy for my sister. "Um, okay, deal."

 It was going to be great! But I wondered what was the payment that he was going to ask for?

**************

End of chapter 5. Hope you liked it.
Blair, in my vision. Picture on the side -------->
Jade's outfit is in the external link.

Have a great day! :)