a little bit of patience

Midnight

I suddenly woke up to a soft cry. It was soft but at the same time loud enough for me to hear. After all my door was open and so was Justin's. I pushed the sheets back and walked over to his room. I turned his light on making my eyes burn.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I walked closer.

He was sitting in bed rocking back and forth, his tears covering his cheeks, and his eyes bloody red. His hair was stuck to his forehead again and I could see dark spots on the neck of his shirt from his sweat.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He looked away and pulled the covers closer to his chest as he cried even more.

"Mo-mommy?" He asked looking around.

"Do you miss your mom? Is that what it is?" I asked sitting in the edge of his bed.

"N-no," he said pushing me back.

"I only want to help," I said standing back up.

"No," he repeated.

"Well then can you go back to bed?" I asked.

"N-n-o-o," he stuttered as he sniffled.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Mo-mon-monsters," he said.

"Oh... You had a nightmare?" I asked.

He nodded as he let a sob out.

"It's okay, monsters aren't real, no one is going to get you not while I'm here and not while mommy's here," I cooed, "I'll leave the light on and I'm right next door."

He sniffled again as he looked up at me.

"You okay now?" I asked walking closer again. I wiped his tears away but he moved his face away and pushed me again. "Justin, I'm not going to hurt you, what is it?"

He shook his head, "No. No-nothing. Me b-bed now."

"Okay, good night," I said walking back towards the door.

"No, ca-cam-camila," he said.

I turned back around and walked closer again, "Yes?"

"Sc-scared," he said.

"Tell you what, I'll leave the light on. I'm right next door," I said.

"Sl-sleep, w-w-with me?" He asked.

He surprised me with that question. Should I? Is that even appropriate? I guess it's okay, it's not like anything is going to happen.

"Okay," I said as he scored over leaving enough space for me. I climbed into the bed and pulled the sheets over me. I could feel the heat radiating off his body.

"L-light?" He asked.

"Do you want me to turn it off?"

He nodded as he turned to face me. I turned the light off and slid back into place. Through the darkness I could still see the shimmer of his eyes.

"Cu-cuddle?" He quietly asked.

As my eyes adjusted back to the dark I could see him clearly now.

"Sure," I said.

His arm wrapped around my waist and he came closer to me resting his head against my chest. I stroked his hair softly running my fingers down it.

I would've never imagined that he would've been this comfortable with me. I guess he was just really scared and needed the comfort.