@tomholland2013: it's done nothing wrong ;)

@catykross: it annoys me with its unnecessary presence @tomholland2013

@tomholland2013: well, in that case ;)

@catykross: I hate you @tomholland2013

@tomholland2013: admit it. you like it and me ;)

@catykross: liez @tomholland2013

@tomholland2013: whatever you say, love ;)

@catykross: I say go away @tomholland2013

@tomholland2013: see you later ;)

@username: ^ just date already like come on just do it

~

OFFSCREEN

"You two need to be ready in twenty minutes, tops. We'll do separate shots of each, then we'll get a few pics of you two together, got it?" Kate and Tom both nodded their heads, which earned them both warning glares from their makeup artists who were currently working on them. It was picture day for the whole cast, and they were all getting ready to look their characters.

Kate and Tom were sharing the same dressing room, despite the reluctance of workers, who didn't quite understand that the two were as comfortable as can be with each other. That, and the fact that Kate had practically begged them to put her in the same room as Tom for obvious reasons- to watch Tom discover the prank that she had planned out for him.

"Here's your outfit, Ms. Cross." A girl said, who Kate didn't know the name of, nor did she know what she did for a living, and felt extremely guilty for both. She looked younger than she probably was, and she seemed kind of new to the job.

Taking the hanger from the girl's hands, Kate smiled warmly at her. "Thank you, and call me Katy, or Kat, or K, or whatever else you think of. Ms. Cross sounds so formal."

The girl nodded and smiled sheepishly, before rushing off to do something else. Kate waited for her to close the door before taking the outfit off the hanger and untying the robe covering her body. Glancing over at Tom, who quickly darted his eyes elsewhere, his cheeks a burning shade of red, Kate frowned. "Don't look at me, I'm changing."

She turned her back towards him, and looked back once more to make sure that he wasn't peeking from behind his hands, then slipped the robe off her shoulders smoothly. It took her about five minutes to get fully dressed and once she finally did, she turned around and put her hands on her hips. "Ok, you can look now." Tom opened his eyes, and scanned Kate's appearance in awe. "Well, do I look like Mystic Fatale or what? Speak, Holland."

Blinking, Tom finally made eye contact with Kate who waited expectantly for his answer. His cheeks flushed with red and he smiled softly, "You look stunning."

Blushing her own shade of pink, Kate put a hand on her hip and grinned at Tom, "Thanks. You know, no one's ever told me how good I look as much as you, Tom."

He pressed his lips together tightly and nodded proudly, "That's a bit hard to believe. I'll take that as an accomplishment."

Kate chuckled, and tucked her hair behind her ear to keep it out of her face. She looked at herself in the mirror and smoothed her hands over the material of her wardrobe with the corners of her lips curled up as she ran Tom's words through her mind repeatedly, a rush of confidence coursing through her every time she did. "You should change, we have about ten minutes now."

As if on cue, the door opened again and a different person was bringing the costume, coming and leaving without a word. Kate watched as Tom unzipped the bag covering his suit, then stopped halfway, sighing heavily. "Okay, very funny."

He plucked the shirt off of the hanger and held it up with a blank look on his face. Kate tried to contain the grin slowly breaking out on her face, but failed miserably, and was soon bursting out into laughter. "I can't-- I'm sorry."

The shirt was about 15 times smaller than the suit Tom was supposed to wear. It was a kids size, long sleeved shirt that had the trademark Spiderman logo and suit look. "You think this is funny?" Tom asked with his brows raised.

Snapping a picture on her phone, Katy nodded, "Very. I wasn't really sure about the size, but I think it'll fit. Just very snugly."

"I'll give you something to laugh about." Tom dropped the shirt onto his chair and jumped onto the couch Kate sat on, attacking her with tickles in her side that had her bursting into uncontrollable laughter once again.

Squirming from under Tom, Kate giggled, "Stop, I'm gonna cry and the photographers will kill you if my makeup's messed up." Propping himself up so his hands were on either side of Kate's body, Tom waited for Kate to catch her breath. Once she had her breathing back to normal, she tensed at the proximity of Tom's face to hers. Her mouth suddenly went dry, making it difficult for her to swallow as Tom's eyes flickered from her eyes and down to her lips.

Kate couldn't tell whether or not Tom was moving closer or if she was, but all of a sudden they were dangerously close and Kate didn't know if she should move away or close the gap. But how insane of her would she be to do that? To kiss Tom and ruin the friendship between them would be batshit crazy, no matter how much Kate wanted to. Because shit, did she want to. At least a part of her did, the other was screaming at her to get away.

Just then, the door came rushing open and Tom was tumbling off Kate and onto the carpeted floor all too quickly. Both Kate and Tom were scrambling to stand, hearts racing from the state they were in just a few minutes ago. The same girl that had given Kate her outfit was standing at the doorway, looking a bit awestruck. "I'm sorry, I just came to make sure you both were ready. I should've knocked, I'm sorry--"

"No, it's fine. Really, don't apologize." Kate said quickly, smiling reassuringly while Tom scratched his neck awkwardly. The girl nodded, her eyes flickering between Kate and Tom carefully. Kate glanced over at Tom and slowly began backing away, "You're suit's in the closet, I'll just- let you get changed." She bit her lip and hastily headed for the exit, closing the door firmly behind her.

~

SCREAMIGN BC I WANTED THEM TO KISS SO BAD BUT IMMA STRING THIS ALONG FURTHER

and yes, I succumbed to the cheesy, typical, generic tickle scene pls don't judge me

(btw the manip used in this chapter is mine so please give credit if used just let me know beforehand if you want to use it)