•Awks•

After our laughing fit, well mostly my laughing fit.

 I helped River to finish cooking breakfast and we sat down and ate it. 

I could feel the awkwardness slowly start to seep into the atmosphere, so many questions felt like they were zooming around us, so much wanted to be said you could tell.

 I could practically feel Rivers piercing eyes looking intently at me, so many emotions were bouncing around in his sparkling orbs whilst his face masked a look of thoughtfulness. He remove his eyes from me and stares at his food in deep thought. Everyone once in a while i catch him looking up at me.

RIVERS POV

I...I just can't think straight. So many thoughts are exploding into mind, not giving me enough time to register any of them. 

I can't help but think back to last night. I was lying restlessly in my bed, for some reason I just couldn't form any thoughts without her head popping into them. My stomach churned in an uncommon emotion that I still can't decipher. 

My muddled thoughts are interrupted by screams, straight away a sense of alarm tenses my muscles and sets my lips into a thin line. I walk towards where Melissa's sleeping, forgetting about everything my eyes scan the room in a desperate attempt to find who's hurt her.

 I look around but soon discover that no ones in there. I walk over to Melissa who is whimpering and has hot tears streaming down her face. My face falls and I think a little part of my heart breaks.

 Seeing her so shaken up and vulnerable makes me want to protect her, I walk over towards her only for her cries to become louder. She keeps calling out a name...Riley I think it is. Automatically my body freezes, protectiveness seeps through my veins. I make my way over to her and touch her shoulder, nothing happens. 

She begins to cry out louder, a fresh flood of tears erupt from her eyes and a sense of desperation is found in her voice. I begin to shake her shoulders gently, willing her to wake up. Seeing her in this much pain makes my insides churn. 

"Wake up! Wake up!" I yell.

Her eyes open, she looks around the room in a calm manner. Those beautiful blue orbs stop on me, she ducks her head and I can sense some insecurity in her actions. She tries to reassure me, saying that she's fine but I know that's all a lie. 

In the middle of her 'reassurance' my body takes control of my actions and leaves my brain in the dark, my arms enclose her small frame and she stops talking. We end up just lying together, no one saying anything and I even forget about the millions of questions that were in my mind only a mere few minutes ago. I feel so comfortable, more at peace than I have felt in a long, long time. 

I kiss her on the forehead goodnight, when I feel her slowly drift off. Nothing has ever felt so right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY EVERYONE! 

Thank you so so so much for reading and your comments! I know this was short, but i promise I will update more regularly. I am a bit more clear in where I want this story to go.

Thanks for your support, you have no idea how much I appreciate!

Thanks again :)

P.S Who likes River!? Also who do you think Rylie is?