~Meeting Mark~

Swirling objects are all I can see. The darkness has changed and these swirly things are blocking my vision.
"New girl..... New girl."
I hear someone talking, wow do they have a deep voice or what!? "New girl wake up."
I hear the same voice again, only my heart picks up its pace as it sounds like an English accent, oh my that voice is the voice of angels singing.

Soon enough the swirls stop moving, but a bright light is piercing through and giving me one heck of a headache. "Oww," I complain.
At the sound of my voice a head pops into vision thankfully it stands I front of that ghastly bright light. Wait am I dying? Am I in heaven? Was he actually an angel?
Oh no, I haven't lived long enough yet! My melodramatics are interrupted by the school nurse, what's she doing he?

"Melissa, Melissa Harrington." Her voice is gentle but it sounds like she's yelling into a microphone.
Suddenly I'm very concerned of where I am, I try to get up my arms flailing in the arm trying to push myself up but my arms are weak and tired. "Take this," the nurse said.
At first I didn't want to due to the fact that I didn't know what it was, but with the pain increasing in the back of my head I realised that it couldn't do much worse.
Soon enough my vision is cleared and my headache is diminishing, slowly I might add. At least I can see though. I look around the very small room, the white walls give it a very clinical feel.

I'm looking around the room when I see a head, a very hot head and along with that a very dazzling smile.

He catches me staring and I try to compose myself by asking "what on earth happened?"
The hot guy, but nowhere near as hot as River... Woa! Woa! What was that?! It must have been from the medication.

  "So new girl, well I'm not quite sure what happened leading up to my locker hitting you. All I know is that I swung my locker door open and I didn't realise you were behind it.
Then we spoke for a bit, but then you started to look a bit funny and then you fainted. I picked you up and took you to the nurse."
My cheeks started to heat up at the last part but other than that I still had a few more questions. "Um thanks but first of all... Who are you? And umm do I have to stay here?"
"Well nice to meet you too and my names Mark Michaels and you are?" He asked in a hot English accent.
"Melissa, Melissa Harrington."

I said whilst I sat up, I couldn't help but stare into his eyes they were as blue as the ocean, I almost got lost in them but a wave crashed and awoke me.

"So do you want to get out of here?" "Yeah, sure I really don't want to go back to classes, but umm ahh how are we going to get out?"

I say the last part in a hushed voice.

"Well I've got a plan.."

"Hahaha I cannot believe haha we just did that!"
I say out of breath and clutch my stomach as I try to fill my lungs with oxygen.
Marks bright plan was to sneak out of the room and duck under the administrations window and make a beeline for the doors. He didn't take into account that the nurse would come check up on me so just as we were heading down the hallway, we were about to turn the corner and we saw her walking down the corridor. So we had to hide in one of the supply cupboards, whilst we waited for her to pass.
Turns out she must have forgot something so we had to stay in the cupboard for five minutes as soon as she walked past we sprinted to the door.
I was laughing the whole time, at one point when we're in the cupboard Mark had to put his hand over my mouth to stop me laughing, resulting in me licking his hand; he laughed in disgust and wiped his hand back on me.

We're now going to get ice cream and I couldn't be more happier. I can't help but have this feeling in my stomach of a longing to be with River; but I just push back those thoughts and feelings...
He doesn't want to waste his time with me, why would he?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey everyone!
1.17k READS!!! I never thought that I'd ever get so many reads, thank you so much!
I hope you like this chapter,
what do you think of Mark so far? No the next chapter I'll add a full description of Mark.
Who do you like better Mark?
Or River?
Please comment what you think it means a lot and I love to hear your opinions also please vote.
Lastly please comment (if you want to,) hear from Rivers POV.
Thank you! :)