Chapter 3

"About what" 

"That I'm going to cream you!"

"Ha, ok, whatever you say.."

We typed in our names, put on our shoes and the game was on. It was a close game, although neither of us broke 150, we were having fun and messing around so we realy didn't care. In the end Neil ended up beating me by 4.

"Good game Kay." he smiled, knowing that he had beat me, and that i was wrong.

"You too Neil. But i went easy on you.." i grinned

"Oh, did you now? what a ka-winky-dink, i did too." he laughed as I nudged him. We handed in our shoes, and walked out to the brisk air. On the way home we talked about our hiking adventure, and bowling, laughing at ourselves when we brought up stupid things that we did. 

We pulled up to my house at 8. "I guess I'll see you around. Neil said. "Yeah, I guess." I opened the car door and got out. I was about to close the door hen i blurted it out. "Hey, do want to sit by me at lunch tomorrow?" i regretted it the moment i started the first road. What was i thinking? I stared at him, waiting for his response. "So I can talk to someone I know, I mean." I said, anxiously trying to save myself. "Sure, that sounds great, see you then." I breathed a sigh of relief. I shut the door and hustled inside the warm house. I ran up the stairs, as i said good-night to my dad. I was i my pjs within a couple of minutes, and in my cozy bed. 

I woke up the next morning in a very good mood. I didn't really know why, but I was glad, I had started out in my new town with a good start. I made new friends and already had a spot to sit at lunch. I was reay in a couple of minutes longer then usual. I decided to straighten my hair and put on a nkicer shirt with my faded jeans.

I walked out the door to find my old green truck. "Oh my gosh!" I ran in and started the rustic truck, then drove to school. I pulled into a parking spot to see Ian walking my way. I grabbed my bag and put on my best smile. Ian was leaning against my truck, looking more handsome then i had seen before, his thick muscles pushing through his blue t-shirt. I was too amazed to say anything. He grinned, "Hey." that snapped my out of my trance. "Hi Ian, whta's up?" I mumbled out.

"Well," he said, "I was kinda wondering if you wanted to come to a party with me tonight?"

I smiled, "Well where is this party?"

"It's at my friend Cody's house."

"And I would be going with you, like on a date?"

Ian blushed and looked at his feet, wow, i just made him blush..."Uh..yeah, like a date"

I grinned, "Okay, yeah that sounds good."

"So I'll pick you up at about 6?" he said

"Well, I have basketball practice until 5:30 today, then I have to go home." I paused, thinking "So how about 6:30?" I said.

"Oh yeah, basketball, that's right. So I'll be at your house at 6:30 then." He smiled.

"Yeah, I'll see you then. Hey, do you want to sit together in homeroom?" I countered, nervous for his answer. His beautiful blue eyes lit up. " I'd like that, I guess I'll see you then." He grinned.

"Yeah, I'll see you then." I gave him a hug goodbye, I think it suprised him, but he hugged back. His muscles tightening around me, it was a nice feeling. We both had smiles on our faces, as we walked up to school, with his arm around me. We walked to my locker, I grabbed my biology book, and he walked me to my first class. "See you in an hour." I said smiling. "See you." he said as we gave eachother a warm hug, and i went into class to sit down.

It was hard to pay much attention the whole first hour, I was too busy thinking of Ian, and what i was going to talk to him about in homeroom. So when Ms. Deed called on me to answer a question, I was glad to have Cate sitting next to me. " Water." Cate whispered to me. " Water." I spoke out  to the teacher, who then moved  on. "Thanks Cate." I whispered back, she smiled.

I went back to my thoughts for a few minutes until the bell rang. I jumped out of my chair and rushed to my locker to put my books away, then walked to homeroom. I was sitting at the table at the back of the room, when Ian walked in. He was with Cole and Neil, laughing at some inside joke, when he came to sit down next to me. Neil and Cole sat down at the table to. I smiled at all three of them.         " Hey, how's it going?" Ian asked

" Better now." I confessed. Ian grinned that smile and his eyes light up.

" Cool, so are you excited about tonight?"

" Yeah I am, I'm actually pretty pumped." I smiled, doing my own little dance while sitting down. 

" I hope it's a good party, Cody says it's gonna be, but he said that last time when there was a total of ten people." Ian rolled his eyes.

" That sounds like it was tons of fun." I said sarcastically.

" Yeah it sure was." He said through his smile. We just sat there for a while after that. No one said anything, just casual looks at eachother. well that was until I looked over at Cole, and he winked at me. I figured that he was just joking around, you know like a friend thing, so i didn't take it to heart. I opened my mouth and winked back, making a bigger joke out of the situation. Then the war bagan, at first it was only me and Cole, but when Ian an Neil nticed us winking and making random faces at eachother, they joined in. Cole's were the most creative though. I could just see him practicing these faces in the mirror every morning..day after day.. But then again, I did that. Not the whole practicing thing, but i would make faces at myelf in the mirror. It kept me enetertained sometimes.. And not like I cared that I did that, I know I'm a dork, and I embrace it witha smile on my face. 

The bell rang after a while, and all four of us busted out laughing, knowing that we just spent at least five minutes making faces at eachother. Ian walked me to my locker, after we said gave the other guys one  more face. " Wow.." Ian just shook his head.

"What?" I said still getting my breathing back to normal from all of the laughing.

" Nothing, it's just..."

" It's just what?" I urged

" Your cute when you laugh." He said looking right in my eyes. Did he just call me cute? I had never, in my life, been called cute before. Unless you count family, which I don't. I could feel my cheeks begin to redden, and I moved my gaze to my locker, pretending to look for something. No, don't wimp out.. I turned to Ian. "Thanks, your not so bad yourself." I winked the same face I had earlier and laughed, trying to lighten the mood. But the truth was, I was serious. Ian was one of  the best looking guys I have ever met, and even thinking about him calling me cute made me giddy inside.

I gave Ian  a high five for my face, grabbed my folder, and went to my next class.

**

After school, I went straight to the locker room, and changed for practice. I noticed that Kenzie and Jennifer both played, along with Natalie too. The practice asnt too hard, standard drills, except for a few fast break ones that killed my legs, but all in all I felt pretty good afterwards. When practice was over i threw on my shoes, grabbed my stuff, and headed to my truck. I wanted to have enough time to get ready for the party, I didn't want to be 'That girl' that is never ready when they say they are going to be. I got home, and headed straight for the shower, i was gross from practice. After I got out, I looked through my dresser for something to wear. I hadn't really planned on what I was going to wear. I settled on a pair of nice jeans, a red fitted long-sleeved shirt, and a pair of black flats. I thought it was good enough, I didn't want to be too dresy for a casual party, and I'm not one to dress up much anyhow. I put on some cover-up and eyeliner, and put some chap stick in my pocket. I looked in the mirror one last time, before grabbing my favorite sweatshirt, and heading downstairs. 

I looked at the clock, 6:27, that was almost perfect timing. I smiled to myself as I headr a knock on the door. I got up to answer the it, and saw Ian standing, hands in his pockets, jeans and a t-shirt, looking hotter then ever. His dark brown-almost black hair was going in all directions, and his smile hit me like a ton of bricks. " Hey." I said.

" Hey, you ready to go?" He said

"Yep, sure am." I smiled as he walked my to his truck with his hand in mine.