"I love you too," you said, pecking him on the lips before you both went outside.

Nathan was waiting inside the car for you two. "Hey Nath!" You smiled, opening the car door.

"Hi," he said.

"You okay?" You asked, a little skeptical.

"Yeah. I'm fine," he said. That was it. No love, no babe. Just that. It wasn't normal, and you didn't like it.

"That's it?" You whispered to him. "No love? No babe?"

He rolled his eyes at you jokingly. "Yes I'm fine love," he said with a laugh.

"Not the same," you said sadly.

"Sorry," he said, biting his lip.

"It's you I'm worried about," you said.

"Don't be," Nathan said, shaking his head and starting the car. You and Jay sat in the middle row of seats. It was a silent ride back, very awkward. You felt as though it was weird to do anything else but hold Jay's hand because of Nathan.

Once you got back to the house, everyone asked questions. Kelsey and Nareesha practically dragged you to Nareesha's room. "What?" You asked them once Kelsey locked the door.

"What did you say to Nathan? He's changed completely. Ten minutes with you and he's automatically happier!" Kelsey said.

"I just told him that if it doesn't work out between Jay and I...I would come back for him if he was still available...and wear the ring." You said, slightly blushing. Nareesha smiled at that. "And he wrote me a song," you whispered.

"Wait...he wrote you a song?" Kelsey asked, smiling.

"Yeah. It's called Almost Is Never Enough." You took the paper that it was written on out of your pocket so they could read the lyrics. You had taken it earlier so you could make a copy.

Kelsey and Nareesha looked at each other once they were done reading. It was the prettiest song they ever heard. Nareesha had tears in her eyes. "That's so adorable," she said.

"I know," you said with a smile. "We were singing it together and I was crying from how special it was. And then...we kissed. I promised him I would come back for him and would wear the ring if it didn't work out. He said he'd be wearing a tux and that he'd pick me up bridal style. I said I'd kiss him and he said he'd be waiting. And I said I would too...always," you confessed, blushing incredulously.

"Oh my god..." Kelsey said, trying not to cry from how sweet you both were.

"That's too cute," Nareesha said. You couldn't stop smiling and blushing. You glanced over at the blue box that was in your purse. 'Maybe one day I will wear that ring' you thought.

"Are you sure you're happy with Jay?" Nareesha asked.

"I'm really happy with Jay...why?" You asked skeptically.

"What Nath did was just really sweet...and you looked really in love when you spoke about it," Kelsey said.

"I'm not saying I don't love Nathan anymore, it's just that I love Jay and he needs me." You explained.

"Is that the reason you love him though?" Nareesha asked.

"Of course not why would you ask that?" You said incredulously.

"Just making sure," Nareesha said.

"Okay then..." You said.

"Where'd you get the necklace?" She asked, admiring it.

"Jay," you said, cheekily smiling at them at the mention of it.

"To my lovely, Jay," Nareesha read, smiling.

"That's so adorable," Kelsey said, looking at the necklace too.

*Meanwhile with Nath and Tom*

"So how are you with the whole decision thing? You okay with it?" Tom asked him.

Nathan looked down for a bit. He grabbed Tom's arm and led him to his room, to the piano. He started playing the song by memory, singing softly so no one else could hear. "That was great Nath. Was that...about her?" Tom asked him once he finished playing.

"Yeah. That's sort of my answer to your question," Nathan said awkwardly.

"So that means you're not okay with it then," Tom said.

"I don't know. I'm trying to be okay with it." Nathan said, putting his head in his hands.

"You don't have to try, Nath. I know it's killing you," Tom said, sitting by him.

"But I have to be okay," he said, restraining his tears.

Tom sighed. He wrapped an arm around Nathan. "I know Nath, I just can't watch you get hurt." Tom said.

"I have no choice anyways," Nathan said.

"I'm sorry mate..." Tom said sympathetically.

"He got her a necklace.." Nathan mumbled.

"And you gave her your heart and a song." Tom said. "And a ring..."

"But the only thing she actually accepted from me was the song..." Nathan whispered. He started crying right then and there.

Tom just continued to keep his arm around him, trying to comfort him. "Maybe one day she'll accept all three..." Tom said.

"No mate. She loves Jay now. All of the days and nights I spent thinking about her, loving her...it's all gone to waste." Nathan said.

"No it wasn't, Nath! You two had a great relationship for months, it hasn't gone to waste!" Tom said.

Nathan didn't respond, thinking things over in his head. "Look mate, I'm sorry about everything's that's happened, but maybe she wasn't the one..." Tom said, trying to speak the truth so Nathan could somehow heal.

"I sincerely think she was, Tom." Nathan said, walking out of the room. Tom sighed, he honestly didn't know what to do anymore to help Nathan.

---
You had left the room with Nareesha and Kelsey and had sat down on the couch. "Hey lovely," Jay said, sitting next to you and pecking your lips.

"Hey Bird," you said, smiling at him as he wrapped an arm around you. You noticed Nathan had sat down on the other couch, farther away than you expected. You sighed. This wasn't going to be the way it was at all. Everything had changed now, he was avoiding you.

You snuggled into Jay's chest as you watched TV. You wanted to talk to Nathan, but weren't sure how or when or even what about. You felt horrible watching him just sit there, watching you two. It would've been the same way if you had chosen him though, only this time you'd have a ring on your finger. You just couldn't win, it would've been bad if you chose either one of them.

You sighed and looked at Jay, he was intently watching the screen. You then looked over at Nathan and he was already looking at you two. He turned away, a sad look in his eyes. He then got up and walked to his room, mumbling a quick goodnight. You sighed once he left. Nothing would be the same anymore. He would just avoid you and there would be nothing you could do about it.

"What's wrong, love?" Jay asked, kissing your head.

"It's Nathan..." You said, looking up at him.

"What about him?" Jay asked, concerned.

"He's not acting like the same happy person he was. He's avoiding me." You said, a sad look in your eyes.

"He'll stop eventually." Jay said, biting his lip. He pulled you in for a kiss and you gave in to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading! Follow my co-author @joyce13_tw on twitter and @thewanted_13 on Instagram! Also follow my fan page @twarelovely on Instagram!