Chapter One

I look out onto the dreary day, the plump gray clouds draining the world of all its color. I sigh, letting a my hand pull at the soft strands of my hair. Why does today have to be today? The day right before christmas break. 

My heart yearns for the christmasy feel to enter my heart.

The surrounding landscape is dead, the soft waves of snow refusing to descend onto earth. As I pass by all the others in the halls, laughing and smiling, waiting for the christmas day to arrive to reunite with friends and family.

Then my eyes land on him. 

Jason. His tall frame. His broad shoulders. His crystal blue eyes.

I feel my cheeks warm instinctively. Why did I have to humiliate myself like that? Why did I have to confess my feelings towards him? 

Now every things ruined. He won't talk to me anymore. He barely even looks at me.

But today is different.

His eyes grab hold of my gaze and then roam all over me before meeting my eyes once more. Suddenly self conscious I bring an arm to cover the sleek black dress clinging to my body. 

I knew I should not have worn this! The dress barely reaches my knee, though flowing it is still slightly revealing. His gaze drifts downwards, and idiotically I follow.

Sure enough, it comes down on my butt. 

If it is at all possible, my cheeks blaze even brighter. 

Tearing away from his gaze, I push my feet forward. I slide past all the others, and ignore the calls coming from behind me. 

I pass the Main Office and slow my pace. I let out a shaky breath, and grip the handle to the door. The metal is chilling, but that isn't what sends shivers up my back.

"Am's! Am's wait up!" Jason yells. I freeze. The metal is biting my hand, but I don't move. "What do you want Jason?" I murmur. His hands pulls my shoulder, spinning me around to face him. His face is hard.

I can tell he is angry that I ignored him.

His hand lingers on my shoulder, keeping a tight grip. I ignore the tingles shooting up my arm and glare up to him. His face softens as he see's the warm tears that spilled across my cheeks. "Amelia. Are, are you okay?" he whispers.

I cannot help but let a bitter laugh escape my chapped lips.

"Oh yeah Jason. I am a roller coaster that only goes up!" I say.

His face falls slightly.

I can tell that he is guilty, but to tell the truth, I don't really care. 

He brings his hand off of my shoulder, and lets it caress my cheek. My breath catches in my throat. Slowly he wipes away my hot tears. Letting out a shiver I turn my head away.  

"Stop." My voice is barely a whisper. His hand lingers for a moment, before dropping down to his side. I turn back up to him and meet his icy blue eyes once more. 

After what seems like hours, my mind comes back to the real world. 

I spin back towards the door and push, welcoming the icy cold enveloping my body. 

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

A/N

Hey Guys! 

Hope you like it! 

Comment!

Vote!

xxoo