6. Aura✨

Blurb:

Neela Kiran was a average 14 year old girl who USED to go to a school in England. She finds out that she has an ancient magical power and finds herself in a new school with others like her. Although, she may not find a way home and she is in danger.

So she is stuck in this place where she knows nobody and doesn't know anything about her powers... but there is someone who helps her along the way. Read on to find out about the incredible magic...

My Impression: Harry Potter fans will love this story.

Interview:

Q. How did you come with Aura?

A. Well, Aura is kind of based on some of my dreams. I tend to daydream a lot and mainly choose different realities to place myself in. I am interested in the concept of magic and noticed that a lot of fantasy books don't have an Indian main character and many fantasy books usually involve the protagonist's parent or family dying a horrific death.... I decided to create a story which would be easy for someone to imagine that world for themselves.

Q. Does Neela Kiran have Indian roots?

A. Yes Neela has Indian roots but moved to England and stayed in England for many years... She goes to a school in England and has two best friends and an enemy. She later finds herself in a different world.

Q. Did you personally meet anyone like Neela Kiran?

A. Yes I based Neela's character on my personality. There are a lot of parts where I put myself in her situation and write about what I think I would do in that particular moment.

Q. Where do you imagine the new world of Aura exist in?

A. I imagine the new works exists out of our dimension. I refer to it as a 'different world' or an alternate reality outside of space time. It can basically be a world that anyone can imagine like their own wishes.

Q. Who/What is Asmodeus?

A. Asmodeus is like an evil little pet/henchmen for the evil queen whose identity is unknown know but will be known later on towards the end... All I will say is that he is very intelligent and can make people go insane.... Then he eats them

Q. What is the role of Black Shadow?

A. Black shadow is a secretive and criminal mastermind. He is an assassin/hit man who is running away from the law. He is one of the most powerful illusionists... He can change they way something looks to someone. That is what makes him a good hitman.

Q. If you belonged to the world of Aura, what power would you love to have?

A. I would love to have the power of light. It has the power to freeze time and it is a unique power and the most powerful if the person learns to control it. It can either be used for evil or good... This choice will change the whole future.

Q. Why do you read/write?

A. I like to read a lot because it allows me to escape to a different reality and it relieves stress. Writing enables me to make my own choices for the characters and hopefully make people imagine more after reading.

Q. Why are you on Wattpad?

A. I am on wattpad because I have access to a lot of free books and I can see other people's stories. It also gives me a place to store my stories and ideas. When I am bored I can go on the app and read a story I enjoy.

Q. Who is fav author/book (In and outside wattpad)

A. RICK RIORDAN!!! I like Rick RIORDAN because he takes the time to research mythology etc. For his books. He writes his stories in the form of the protagonists memory which I like because it seems as though they are re-living the moment where their lives changed.

Q. If you meet your fav author what question would you like to ask?

A. I would like to ask him which character he would be in his books and if he plans on making any other books. I would also like to ask him if he had the chance to re write his series... What would he change and why.

Q. Have you been planning any other books beside Aura?

A. I have been planning on writing another book but it may not come for a long time. I plan on publishing it once aura and my other book are completed. It is also based on the concept of fantasy but completely different to what I would usually write.

Q. What is the only genre of books you don't like to read? And why?

A. I don't like to read romance based books because I feel like they all have a similar ending. They are hard for me to connect with the characters.

Q. How often do you write?

A. I write quite often but with a lot of my exams coming up it is hard to find time to write. I try to update once every few weeks.

Q. What are the mistake do you think you can change in writing?

A. I think I could change the level of descriptive writing to make my stories more descriptive. I could also make sure I use spellcheck and check for punctuation errors.

Q. What did you learn from creating a story?

A. I learnt that it is easier for me to imagine my stories when I write them down somewhere. I learnt that other people could have a similar mindset to me if they enjoy reading my fantasy like stories.

--------------------------------------------------

Thank you butterflyzanj. Your story is very creative and I wish you all the best. :)