Chapter 7: Tears fall

• Dedicated to To everyone who has read this book!!!!

When I got back home I dumped my bag and guitar on the living room table and marched into the kitchen to get a drink. Colin followed close  behind me. Once in the kitchen he leaned against the kitchen counted. My mum came down the stairs. 'Hey sweetie how was the concert did you win?' She had a grin on her face.

'No I did not win. Ian had to march into the hall in the middle of my song and Colin and Brad were there to warn me but... The whole school knows now about everything.' I whispered my voice cracked at the end of the sentence. Colin brought me into a huge and stroked my head as I cried against his shoulder.

I was sat down, My back against the door. Suddenly there was a knock at my door. Puzzled I opened the door to come face to face with a annoyed Brad, and a annoyed Brad means trouble. 'What do you want?' I asked with a hit of attitude. At the second those words left my mouth Brad's face turned instantly from annoyed to a pure shocked expression.

'Wow... good morning to you to. What's got you in a mood? No sleep? Colin keep you up?' He asked with a smirk. 'That is not funny. This is not a joke.’ I said as I turned away from him. He instantly grabbed my arms and turned me around to face him and grabbed under my chin so I would look at him.

‘Look, I know your sad but skipping school is not the answer.’ Brad said in a serious face. ‘I suppose your right.’ He smirked. ‘I always am.’ I slapped his arm ‘Ok no need to get cocky here. Now get out so I can get changed.’ I pushed him outside. Tears fell down my cheek and landing on my t- shit.

Colin was driving me to school. I was extremely nervous about today considering what happened yesterday.

When we got there everyone was waiting outside of school. I could see Paul in the corner of the crowed. He had his head down and some girls yapping in his ear yanking on his arm for attention.

I felt Colin’s hand grab mine and he squeezed it to reassure me. ‘It’ll be ok.’ He whispered over the shouting of the people outside. There were even reporters outside of the school in their vans with their expensive, high- tech equipment.

Said goodbye to Colin and made a run for it to the back of school. I could hear the screams and shouts all around me and see the blinding flash of the camera lights. I ran as fast as I could. I could see people following me out of the corner of my eyes.

Finally I made it to the back of the school building and through the door. As soon as I step through the door Paul runs up to me and say.

‘WEHAVEJUSTBEENCALLEDTOTHEPRINCIPLESOFFICE!’ he shouts really fast. I am so confused. ‘WHAT.’ I nearly scream at him. ‘Say again but much slower.’ I whisper as I notice everybody has started to stare at us. He took a deep breath and repeated but much slower. ‘WE... HAVE… JUST… BEEN… CALLED… TO… THE… PRINCIPLES… OFFICE.’ He shouted again. ‘WHAT!’ I screamed. ‘Do I need to repeat it again?’ he asked in a hushed voice. ‘NO, I’m just shocked.’ I whispered. I numbly walked with Paul towards the principal’s office.

Paul’s lean fingers curled into a tight, stiff fist and with a quick flick of his wrist he made a sharp knock on the old, mahogany door. A mumbled come in was heard through the thick, wooden door. Paul slipped his slim fingers slowly over the rusty knob of the door and turned it carefully as if it was about to full off. He attentively slipped into the bland office with me numbly following behind him with small steps.

Mr Brown, The Principle, peeked over his black, squared glasses at us as we slowly took a seat in the old, uncomfortable leather chairs. ‘So…’ Mr Brown started with his strong Scottish accent. ‘Mr Brown why are we here?’ I spoke as my confidence started to come back but Paul just sat there frozen and as white as a paper sheet.

‘You are here to discuss what happened the night of the battle of the bands. I heard there was inappropriate language involved by one of your friends.’ He answered with a disappointed look plastid on his face. ‘HE IS NOT MY FRIEND. HE KILLED MY BROTHER OR DID YOU FORGET THAT!’ I practically screamed at him to the point where my lungs and throat hurt and I jumped to my feet and tears started to pour down my face as I remembered what happened 2 years ago and what Ian did with My brother. I didn't know how any one could be so cruel but the bad thing was it was all my fault. 

Everything around me started to spin and got faster and faster and I felt the air slowly disappearing from me as if I had forgotten how to breathe. Everything started to get further and further away. My eye lids felt like a ton of bricks all of a sudden. The last thing I saw was Colin. Worried, scared, sad, anger was written all over his face, where did he come from? Then everything went pitch black. I could hear Colin’s voice shout my name but it sounded like a faint whisper in the distance.

#FLASHBACK#

The car swirved hitting Brennen. ‘No’ I screamed as I ran to him tears strimming down my face. I held his hand till the ambalance got there. Blood was everywhere.

#END OF FLASHBACK#