Chapter 9

---Tsuki's P.O.V---

"King..." I choke out. I can't feel pain anymore. Only numbness.

"Who did this? Who did such a terrible thing to Tsuki and Diane?" King asks quietly. It's almost hard to hear. "Was it you?!" He turns to the guy, I think his name is Howzer. "Or you?!" He turns to Guila, who's holding her brother Zeal.

"It wasn't them...Those two...Protected me...So please...Don't blame them..." Diane chokes out.

"Please Diane...Don't talk...You'll only hurt yourself..." I try to say. My throat feels all closed up and all I taste is blood. King walks over to Howzer. He starts punching him, which obviously doesn't affect him at all.

"You call that protecting her?! You didn't protect her at all!" He yells and keeps punching. "Quit messing around! Apologize!" He keeps on going. Stop...

"King...Please...Stop...You're only going to hurt yourself..." I say loud enough for him to hear me. He turns around to face me with a bloody fist.

"Why? Why? Why is it that I can never...ever...protect the people that I care about?" He cries.

"Don't worry...about me..." I manage to say. "You'll only...hurt yourself..."

"Me?! Hurt myself?! What about you?!" He turns to me, tears in his eyes.

"Please...Don't worry about me...I'll be fine..." I say, faking a smile. "Don't...underestimate...the power of...Neko..."I drag myself up, putting on a brave act. I'm screaming with panic on the inside. I'm not ready to die! Not yet! I half walk-half drag myself over to where he is. He just stands there, staring at me with tears spilling from eyes. "Please...don't cry..." I wipe the tears from his eyes. "You'll only...make me cry...So...Be happy...Okay?" I smile, accidentally letting a tear fall from mine. I collapse. I can hear Helbram yelling at him but all sounds are muffled.

"Shut up!" King yells at him and sends Chastiefol at him. King sets me down by Diane. I no longer have the strength to open my eyes. I can only hear the fight. It sounds like King is winning. "Go back to your true form. In that body, you're limiting your magical power. Helbram!" King tells him. From somewhere, I find the strength to open my eye. Helbram is...a fairy? Suddenly, I feel myself lifted into the air and I'm by Helbram's side.

"Is it little kitty cat, here? I'll admit, she is quite pretty. Maybe, I'll take her for myself after I crush you. Yeah, that's a plan. I'll crush the Giant Girl and steal Kitty Cat." Helbram grins.

"No...King only...Hands off..." I struggle. He laughs.

"Feisty too. I like her." Helbram drops me but catches me with some sort of tree thing. He puts me back next to Diane. My eyes close and my strength fades. I hear King get hurt. I can't move. I can't hear anymore. I can't see. Every breath is a struggle. I feel like I'm underwater, slowly sinking towards the dark, cold of the ocean. Time seems to slow. I almost want to reach out, but the water is against me. Yes, I must be drowning. And yet, I feel a warmth flowing through my body. A light. The cold, darkness of the bottom of the ocean fades away to replace with warm light. It envelops me like a warm hug, giving me strength. I find the strength to open my eyes to see myself in the palm of Diane's hand. King is sitting next to me, staring right at me.

"Huh?" I sit up.           

"Tsuki! We thought you'd never wake up!" Diane smiles at me.

"Hi Diane. Are you all better?" I ask and she nods.

"Me too." I smile. I turn to King. "Hi King." I say softly.

"Hi Tsuki. How are you feeling?" He looks at me with a soft look in his eyes, feeling my head.