ten

Selena's POV:

we packed up our things and we went out of the office.

"ugh. my phone is dead and I can't call a taxi." I mutter.

"selena, I can drive you home." justin offers. (A/n ik you can't drive until age 16 atleast, but let's pretend lmao)

"um... thanks for the offer but I'm fine with walking." I lie.

"really? you're wearing high heels I don't think that's the best option. I insist, come." he offers.

"that's the problem. you insist. I don't want to be alone with you for the whole ride, alone. i'm walking." I reply.

"selena! what's so bad about me you won't even let me drive you home?!" he complains.

"look, you're my ex. i'm you're ex. this is awkward and I don't want anything to happen. I have james." I said.

"James? Are you serious, HIM? When did you guys meet?" He yelled.

"a month after we broke up. anyways I need a ride home so I guess, but please don't speak to me." I said.

"alright but why can't we just be friends? I know that-" he started.

He was interrupted by a car parking right behind Justin's.

"babe!" i squealed.

"hey Selena. i'll drive you home." James said and brought me into the car.

"bye Justin!" I said and I saw his face. he looked surprised and upset.

i've moved on.. (Kinda) why can't he?

james turned on the radio.
'We don't talk anymore' came on.
(A/N I know this song is ft Selena but pretend it's not)

god this hit me in the feels. It reminds me of Justin.
'We don't talk any more like we used to do, I just hope your lying next to somebody who knows how to love you like me"

After the song ends, 'Almost Is Never Enough' played.
'I'd like to say we gave it a try, I'd like to blame it all on life, Maybe we just weren't right, But that's a lie, That's a lie'

that song hit me in the feels especially "maybe we just weren't right but that's a lie".

"we're home. selena!" James called.

and that's when I said to James something I wouldn't think I would ever say, but I did.