Chapter 15

Melanie sat on the rotting porch, waiting for the doctor to show up. She had been waiting for over an hour. Lacey had fallen asleep minutes after they arrived. A few more moments of waiting brought Tara driving down the road.

"Where the heck is she!" Tara demanded as soon as she was out of the car. Melanie laughed as she rose to her feet.

"Oh honey, you would love to know. Wouldn't'cha?" Tara's eyes slanted dangerously. While Melanie was distraced taunting Tara, Tig snuck out of the back door facing away from the girls. Drawing his gun, he rushed to the open back door. He quickly browsed through the house, searching room to room for the Teller look a like. The last room he checked was where he found the blonde girl asleep with a doll cuddled to her face.

Very gently, he lifted her in one arm while he held his gun in the other. As soon as he stepped around the bush covering the house, he raised his gun to Melanie.

"We're leaving and there's nothing you're going to do to stop us. Understand?" She looked as if she were going to scream in frustration. The game was quickly out of her hands. So she had no choice but to let them leave.

SCOOPS

As soon as Tara stopped the car and right before seh opened her door, Lacey jumped out and ran to the door of Scoops.

"Daddy! Daddy!" She started screaming.

Jax was sitting at the head of the table when he heard the bell. Then he heard Lacey's voice. Immediately he, along with everyone but Tig, ran downstairs only for everyone to almost run into him. In front of Jax was his nine year old daughter who had been missing for the past three days.

As soon as Lacey saw her father, she sprinted to him and knocked him over, hugging him like he'd disappear. When Jax realized what happened he squeezed Lacey to him. Both Tellers started crying.

It was a true heartfelt moment.

And Tara caught it on camera.