"How has the research been coming along Miss?" JARVIS asked. I flipped through the pages, none of which were helping me.

     "Oh just fantastic J," I groaned as I slammed the book closed and pulled down the next book.

     "Is there anyway for me to help?" he asked. I flipped open the book and stared down at the page.

     "How's your code cracker J?" I asked.

     "The best in the world but you don't have enough information for me to be of any assistance," JARVIS admitted.

     "Damn,"

     "Sorry Miss,"

     "No problem J, I still love you," I said discarding another book. It seemed that these books were about as helpful as the last reference books Fury sent up. But then I saw it. One of the words on this page jumped out to me. One of the symbols from the tablet was in bold writing at the top of the page.

     ᚺᚼᛘᛚᛖᚾ

     In small letters next to the word was a description.

     'The Vikings were a very religious people. Everything they did was a reflection of their afterlife beliefs. This rune is no different. This rune for heaven (Himlen) is one of the most sacred runes in their entire language'

     "Oh my god, J! I have a word!" I gasped as I scrambled to write the translation down.

     "Excuse me?" JARVIS asked.

     "I've translated a word JARVIS!" I repeated as I hurried to write down the translation.

     "That's great Miss! Do you have enough letters to let my cracker at it?" JARVIS asked.

     "J, I think we might!"I left up excitedly. Because it was Friday, I was one of only four people in the whole lab. This gave me access to equipment I wouldn't usually get to use. I grabbed the tablet and made my way over to the 3D scanner. Once the tablet was placed on the bed of the scanner, JARVIS kicked off the scanner and quickly went over the tablet.

     "Alight, done," JARVIS said after a minutes as the scanner came to a halt.

     "Alight J, the seventh word in the sequences is the Danish word 'himlen'. It means heaven. The type of Rune is called 'Elder Futhark'," I read out of the book as I walked around the table.

     "Got it. I'll get right on that Miss," JARVIS said. There was a dull tick as letters and symbols flashed rapidly as JARVIS worked to translate the words.

     "How long do you think this will take you J?" I asked impatiently as I bobbed my leg.

     "I'm not entirely sure miss, not too long I would imagine," JARVIS replied distracted. I sighed dramatically as I waited for JARVIS to work, "Uhm, Miss. We have have a problem," JARVIS said after a minute. I sat up straighter and looked over at the computer screen.

     "What could possibly be wrong now?" I asked. The screen was covered with half words that were a mix of letters and symbols from the tablet, "Uhm, J. What am I looking at?"

ᛥjæl   ædᛂlstᛂn

Rᚬᚡᛑᚤr   mᚯᛑᛉr   bᚣttᛇ   efᛐer   dᛦrᛉt   af   himlen   oᚸ   ᛑᛇᚿ   ᛓᛛᚯᛑᛉ   ᚴrᛜgᛂr   i   ᛑᛇt   ᛊᛐᛉd᛫   ᚻᚡᚬr   de   ᚩᛛᛛᛂ   ᚴoᛙᛙᛂr   til   ᚩt   dᚯ.    ᚻᚡᛜlᛇᚾᛑᛇ   ᛔᛢ   en   ᛌᛉᚿᚵ   af   ᚾᛢᛛᛂ᛫   de   ᛉr   ᛓaᛑᛂt   i   rᛂnsnᛝ   bᛛiᚡᛂr   de   en.    ᛓᛛaᚾᛑᛂᛐ   ᛘᛂd  ᚬfrᛜnᛄᛉn   af   en   fᚭrfaᛑᛂr   oᚸ   bᛛᚪᛑᛂᛐ   af   en   jomfrᚢ   rᛉᚿ᛫   de   ᛉr   kompᛛet.    ᛥᛔin   mᛜᛄ   firᛉ   ᚵᚩᚿᚵᛇ   oᚡᛇr   dᛇrᛇs   ᛥjᚫle   til   ᚩt   peᚸe   mᛜᛄ   ᛊᚭm   dᚢ   ᛥᚯᚸᛇr.

Search for the Soul GemOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara