4. Finding the perfect boy, failed

Start from the beginning

After he explained that day’s lesson, he wrote something on the board and spun to face the class. Here comes the time to hide, Newly!

Coming to the board to solve a problem or recite means public humiliation in front of the whole class, if you don’t do it correctly.

I was lucky the previous time that the bell rang, but it doesn’t appear like it would come to my rescue once again that day.
He parted his lips to call the unlucky person who would have to face the humiliation.

Please, don't call me. Please not me, I'll go to church today, God. My eyes were firmly shut as I mentally chanted that desperate prayer.
"Ryan, come and solve the first equation." he announced. My eyes suddenly opened and I breathed out a sigh of relief.

Saved!

"Next question will be done by Jade." My head shot up and my eyes met Mr. Maguire’s.

Shit!

Ryan, who seemed too calm after his announcement, stood from his seat and started walking to the board. I was staring at him and when he caught me, he winked again.
He scribbled something on the board. I was unable to see it because he was standing between me and the board. It didn’t even matter. Whatever he wrote surely would be incorrect. I could tell that even before seeing it.

"Well done, Mr. Matthews. You can go back to your seat now."

Well, seemed like it wasn’t my day. All my preannouncements were becoming incorrect.

I stood up to walk to the board and solve the next question. When I passed by Ryan, he stopped walking and whispered in my ear, "I am not as dumb as you think I am."

How did he know what I was thinking?

I took the pen and stared at the question. You can do it, Jade.
"Correct answer, Miss Newly. You may sit now.
The pain is finally gone.

When the class ended, I was eager to start lunch. On my way to the cafeteria, though, my way was blocked by the one and only Ryan Matthews. I looked around only to see that the whole hallway was empty.

"I was a little drunk so I'm not very pleased with my behaviour." he said slowly, all of a sudden. I wasn’t excepting him to speak something like that. He wasn’t much of a talker but he came to me and started a conversation himself, that was new!

"That wasn't a little drunk Matthews, you were very much drunk." I corrected and continued, “And apology accepted."

I knew he didn't apologize to me but he being 'unpleased' by his behaviour was enough. He had a big ego, he would never, and I meant never ever, apologize.
He left out a frown and asked, “And when did I apologize to you?"

And then, my phone rang. I answered it and heard Jess’ voice. "Where are you? Come here faster."
"Yeah, I am coming." I replied.
"Aw, going so fast? I thought we were going to play together." he mocked.
"Find another playmate." I commented.
I started to walk towards the cafeteria when I heard him say, "We’ll meet after a handful of time and you’ll be the one coming to me."
"In your dreams, Ryan." I shouted as I turned my head slightly to show him one of my sweetest smiles.
“That’s true, I do dream about you," he replied. I gave him a look and then walked away.

When I reached our lunch table, I sat next to Jess who had the list in her hand.

"So, let's start this thing. First is Zac White. He’s right over there. I hope this one will go good because you guys already know each other. At least that’ll make this easier." Jess explained while pointing towards him. That poor thing? Would he ever agree to even talk to Sage after she destroyed his car? I think not!

Okay, let's get this started.

"Hey, Zac. How are you?" I said with a smile.
"Hey, Jade. I'm great. What about you?" Zac replied, shoving a bite inside his mouth.
"I am great as well. Um. I was just wondering… You're single, right?" I asked awkwardly.
"Yeah, I am."
"So, you see my sister over there. She is single, too. You guys should, you know, start talking and who knows, something beautiful would happen." I pointed towards Sage who was sitting with her friends.
Zac turned to me with his eyes popped big. "You want me to talk to your sister? The same one who broke my ride?”
I nodded with a smile. He breath out and shook his head.
“Oh please, I know that you’re a great guy.” I complimented, trying to win him over but he kept shaking his head and didn’t hear a word I said.

And so I came back to our table where both of my friends wore confused expressions.
"What happened? Did it work?" Blair asked.
“Just look at him and you’ll get the answer.” I said sadly, pointing at him while he was still shaking his head.
“First rejection, no worries.” Blair commented.
"Aw, don't worry. It won't be the same with all the guys." Jess tried to comfort me. I just nodded. Zac wasn’t even a good option as he was already the archenemy of Sage.

***

So after asking fifty guys, I gave fifty rejections. None of them were suitable for Sage; I wasn’t going to hand over my sister to any strange fellow as it wasn’t only about me dating but also finding her someone special. I wonder where all the goo boys suddenly went to.

I looked at the list which held all the names of the senior guys. Almost all the names were crossed off, indicating that they were not on the list anymore.

I searched for any non-crossed name. And I found one: Aiden Campbell.

No, I couldn’t even think about him being with my sister. I was not going to ask him about dating my sister. He was a great guy but the admiration I had for him, wouldn’t let me do that.

I searched for more names but couldn’t find any. That was when my eyes landed on the last name available. The name belonged to someone I met in the hallway that day.
Ryan Matthews.

***

End of chapter 4. Hope you liked it.
Jade's outfit in the external link.
Sage in my vision. Picture on the side -
à

 Have a great day! :)