Chapter 7: Tranformation

Marinette's eyes sparkle all the stars in the sky...
Care to add one of your own?

Marinette POV----------------

Once King Gabriel had a dinner party, I remember I was helping passing out the desserts to the princes and princesses and Nathanael was there, watching me.

Flashback-------------------

"Ugh, I have tasted better desserts! Who made these? Haha probably that beggar what's-her-name and her peasant parents!!" Chloe's face scrunched up on disgust and flicked the desserts my family and I worked so hard on off the table.

Alya saw my anger growing and speed to stop me before I got any closer to that brat who didn't deserve that crown but deserved to live in the pens of pig remains or in the fires of....

"Whoa there girl, we all hate that princess but how else can we support our families? The best we can to do right now is smile and ignore the conversations, okay?"

"Yea, still she can't talk like that, it's rude." I mumbled, I felt a hand on my shoulder. A boy with red hair held something out to me, it was Prince Nathanael. He shyly looked at me from under his red bangs holding my prized handkerchief that I created. 

"Y-you dropped this as you past by."

I smiled and courtesied,
"Thank you, Your Highness."

"No need to be so formal, you may call me Nathanael."

"Well thank you Nathanael, that was very kind of you to retrieve my handkerchief."

He nodded, blushed a hot red, and sped back to his seat at the table. I giggled and continued serving, I felt someone watching me, I glanced in the direction I felt the eyes and quickly looked away to find that it was Adrien staring at me. What was his problem?

Flashback over______

He had been a great friend of mine since that day,but was he still?

"You were so kind back then, what happened??"

"Papillon helped me, he built up my confidence I never had. He strengthened me to stand against those who dare to fight me."

He took a step forward and grinned,

"I have changed a great deal, I want you to know he can help you become a better person too."

I pushed him away, upset of what Papillon did to Nathanael, my eyes watered as I looked at the boy who stood I front of me.

"No, he did not help you, he took away your kindness and gentleness, you were an amazing boy. He ruined you, he wanted to have more pirates, that's all he cares about."

"But now I am free to do as I like, I have never been this strong or brave EVER, and now that I have changed, you don't like it-"

"Of course I don't like this change! You were perfectly fine as you were. I had never met a kinder gentleman who's heart was soft and caring, who listened to every word a person said, who cared about others feelings, who always knew how to comfort another, but he changed you! Except Adrien, you both were the same and both of you...."

The thought of Adrien came back, I tried to not think of what these pirates could do to the kingdom of France, to Adrien, my family. The tears spilled out and I fell to my knees, his hands were on my shoulders, I tried to push him away but failed, he brought me close and hugged me. His gentleness was still in him,deep in him, it could never be destroyed, but when he whispered: