Shine Through: Kylo Ren (part 2)

Kylo Ren (part 2)

She's standing right in front of me, at the new "temporary" base, fighting off stormtroopers. For some reason I cannot move, as if my feet were plastered to the ground. Rey suddenly turns around and stares hard at my mask. She takes a few steps backwards and runs into the wall. Her eyes widen with terror: She thinks I'm after her. But, that's not my intention at all. Slowly, I remove the mask and hood and she relaxes, still backed up in the corner. I am able to walk again so I get closer and closer until I can hear her breathing heavily. She reaches up and gently traces the scar across my face from our last encounter. Then, by accident, my lightsaber somehow turns on and impales her in the torso. Rey cries out in pain and I catch her in my arms. "No!" I shout as the life fled from her eyes.

...............................................................

    I abruptly sit up in bed. It was just a dream; I reassure myself. Ever since the fight happened and the land split leaving a huge trench separating me from her, these dreams occurred. They usually end with her dead because of me, yet I don't know how it happens. Whatever, I don't have the time to mull it over. Today, the First Order is planning an attack on the Resistance. I get up and put on my mask and black robes. My lightsaber is clipped onto the side of my belt and it sways back and forth as I walk down the dark hallway. I find Hux and we begin to discuss and prepare the plans.