Chapter One

Chapter One

Ian’s POV

September sixteenth was Anthony’s birthday, and he had just turned twenty-four in 2011. He wanted to sleep in late so it gave me time to get his presents all wrapped so they would be ready by 7:46PM, the time he was born. It was 11AM when I hid the last of the crappily-wrapped gifts in my closet. The only few nice ones where from my mom, but I had a feeling that Smosh fans were going to send a lot of presents, too. His birthday was on a Friday, which meant Monday was going to be crazy during mail time. My mom was making Anthony a cake which she was going to bring over in the evening. With everything nearly ready for the day, I snuck into Anthony’s room to wake him up. Instead of being a dick to him like he would if he woke me up, I made my way over to his bed and found the top of his head peaking above his black covers. He didn’t snore but he was clearly in a deep sleep.

I leaned over his bed and slowly removed the covers down to his shoulders, seeing his dark hair strewn messily over his face. Anthony faced away from me, and I gently shook his left shoulder to wake him up. “Anthony…Anthony. Wake up, birthday boy.” He stirred and moaned, burying his face in his pillow, not wanting to get up. “Come on. It’s 11 o’clock. I let you sleep in. It’s time to go to Denny’s; the place where you can have breakfast for dinner.” He moaned again, mumbling something I couldn’t catch. “Get up, dude. Come on!” That time I started pulling on his left arm, determined to get him up. “Gahh!” Anthony shouted at me, his eyes going wide when I turned him over. I didn’t know if he growled at me or he tried to speak. He never was a morning person. Not even at almost noon. “Okay, okay, okay; I’m up! Get the fuck out.” He got dressed in his room while I waited for him by the front door, ready to go eat some food. A few minutes later he came out, his blue shirt wrinkled and his jeans, too. But of course his hair was brushed perfectly; he just had to have a pretty head wherever he went.

Anthony yawned several times during the twenty minute ride, and he only started waking up when we were in Denny’s and he was sipping on a soda. We waited for our breakfast as we sat at a booth by a window. “What’s the plan for today again?” He asked me, gazing deep into his Dr. Pepper in the glass. “After breakfast, we’re gonna go home, have some video game battles, make a birthday video for the fans, then go out Go-Karting at 4PM, go see a movie, then come back home just in time for your b-day celebration at 7:30.” I reminded him, and he grinned evilly. “I’m gonna beat you down at them video games and Go-Karting.” I accepted his challenge but let him win as the day wore on. I purposely let Mario get hit by objects when I played video games and I let him beat me on the course. It was all to make him happy on his birthday, and he couldn’t get more excited than he already was at 7:30 when my mom brought over her homemade cake. I didn’t do much planning beforehand so it was just us three at me and Anthony’s house. We sang him happy birthday and he blew the number 24 candle out on the cake at 7:46PM. We ate his vanilla-flavored cake as he unwrapped my gift of a few movies, a Smosh shirt, a Starbucks gift card, and a birthday card with five dollars in it with a nice message by me saying how much of a dick he was when he made “Your Mom” jokes. My mom got him more expensive gifts and got him a card that said nice things with a fifty dollar bill tucked inside. My mom hung around for another hour before she said goodnight and went home, leaving me and Anthony in our house. When it was just us, I turned to him and grinned. “Congrats on being old, man.” He nodded happily then got somber all of a sudden as we stood in the kitchen. “…I need one more birthday present from you.” He gave me an awkward glance while I tried to think of what he could possibly want.

Two minutes later I stood with my back against the wall in Anthony’s room, trapped in his dim room with no escape. “You can’t get some random girl for this?” I asked out of last resort as I felt his breath on my neck. “We both don’t have girlfriends at the moment. I can’t go out and get a girl, and I don’t want to do this myself on my birthday. Come on, dude. Don’t be a pussy. Do this for me.” It was hard to comprehend what he wanted from me, mostly because it was so fucked up and unlike him. “You son of a bitch; you owe me.” I mumbled, trying to be miffed while he said: “Yeah, yeah.” ignorantly as his lips kissed my neck and his fingers undid the zipper on my jeans. “This is the only time this will happen, alright?” I warned, trying to sound assertive when I was the one going to be used. “Duh, don’t be stupid.” Anthony retorted, undoing his zipper in preparation of what was to come. Fucking prick. The birthday night just got really weird.