"Oh, okay." I answer, kind of bummed out that soon I'll have to leave Dylan. I've been enjoying myself so much in his company that now I just don't want to leave his side. Is that weird?

"Um.." he starts, looking somewhat uncomfortable, "my mom wants you to have dinner with us," Dylan tells me sheepishly as he squirms nervously under my gaze. He looks so adorable when he's nervous.

"I mean, it's ok if you don't want to, I totally get it but--" he starts, but I cut him off when I place my lips over his. As I pull back, a ghost of a smile plays upon his rosy lips.

"I'd love to." I reassure him and his smile widens.

*

"You got everything you need?" Dylan inquires as we take one last glance around the palatial bedroom.

"I think so," I mutter, my brows furrow as I try to think of anything I might have forgotten. Nope, I've got everything.

"Then let's go," he smiles and takes my hand in his, intertwining our fingers before flinging his backpack over his shoulder and leading me out the door.

*

"Are you hungry?" Dylan asks as his thumb lightly brushes my knuckles and he gazes warmly at me.

"Pancakes don't sound too bad right now," I mutter, smiling sheepishly at him. He glances at the dashboard of the car and then back at me.

"We've got time." he assures me before turning left and coming to a halt at a stop sign. We sit in a comfortable silence for a while before I decide to speak up again.

"I had a very nice time with you Dylan, so thank you," I speak softly, squeezing his warm hand. He unglues his eyes from the road and looks at me, his eyes are soft and his expression subtle.

"And I always have a great time with you, Ali, so thank you for that." he smiles his perfect, dazzling, Dylan smile and I completely melt on the spot.

"Pancake house alright for you?" he asks as he pulls up outside the International House of Pancakes-- IHOP for short.

"It's perfect," I smile gingerly from under my eyelashes.

*

"Ali, would you stop being so stubborn?" Dylan scolds, placing my money back into my hand.

As Dylan has basically paid for everything for me in the whole time I've known him, I insisted he at least let me pay for this meal. So Dylan being Dylan, he obviously was quick to turn down my offer and that's how we engaged in a full on, five-minute 'I'll pay-- no I'll pay' discussion.

"I'm not being stubborn, I'm trying to be nice." I feel cheap. I've never liked having people pull my weight around for me when I'm perfectly capable of doing so myself.

"Look, Ali, as much as I appreciate your offer," he starts, placing his hand over mine, "I'd rather you didn't pay. Just let me do this, ok?" he regards me intently and his pleading eyes are enough to convince me. I'll just find another way to make it up to him.

*

"Ali, wake up." I feel strong hands on my shoulders and as my eyes lazily flutter open, I am greeted by the sight of a very familiar house.

"Huh? Where are we?" I mutter sleepily, only partly coherent words leave my mouth. I hear Dylan chuckle slightly.

"We're home," he reassures me and as my sight finally comes into focus and my brain actually starts to function adequately, I realise that this is Ava's house. We're here.

You know that feeling you get when all the bad things that have happened to you come rushing back, yet you still have to hide the fact that you feel like crap? Yeah, so do I. Thinking about the fact that I'm going to be living here, with Ava, until God knows when, isn't so bad considering she is my best friend.