Pilot

Silence. That was all the young boy heard when he entered the burned town of Niblehiem. He knew that some people have escaped, and are now safely in Midgar thanks to the Shinra army. But the boy from Gagonga felt they he should check the burned to ashes village one more time to see if there was surely nobody left. 

His blue eyes glancing around the area, he so far can only see burned bodies and ashes. The smell of smoke didn't seem to leave the air. Holding his wooden sword tight he continued to walk in the ashes. "Hello?" he called out. He wasn't expecting a response, but right as soon as he called out he heard footsteps that seemed to be coming towards him. In a fast paste. 

In full alarm the boy turned to face whatever was running towards him, only to find a blond boy to hug him and begin to soak his shirt with his tears. 

"H-he killed my mommy! H-he killed everyone! Everyone is gone! Everyone is dead!" he managed to spat out as he continued to cry. 

Loss of words, the black haired boy stood there. He dropped his wooden sword on the ground as he glance stared at the blond boy hugging him. In complete despair. With a warm smile, the black haired boy began to stroke the blonde's hair. "Hey it's ok. I'll protect you! Not all hope is lost yet!"

The blonde went silent, his eyes opening a little as he leaned against the boy who was clearly older then him's body. 

"My name's Zack. Zack Fair." The black haired boy grinned, "I promise. Even though everyone is dead I can take you home myself and trust me, everything will be normal again!"

The blond blinked, then looked up to the boy named Zack. A gut feeling inside him telling him that he should trust him and go with him. "Normal...?" He whispered.

"Yeah, normal." Zack nodded, "I'll take you with me to midgar, you can attend school there. And everything will go back to the life before 'he' destroyed your home town. It's a promise-- err....." Zack bit his lip when he remember he didn't ask for the blonds name.

"Cloud." The blond replied. "Cloud Strife."

"It's a promise Cloud!" Zack grinned patting Cloud on the head. Though when Zack turned his gaze to Cloud to have Cloud stare at him back, his eyes widen and and mumbled a small, "Oh no...."

"What?" Cloud questioned, blinking as Zack stared at him with almost the most terrified look ever.

"No... Nothing. Nevermind." Zack replied shaking his head. Though for some reason, Zack couldn't stop staring at the bright blue eyes of the blond every few seconds. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright so new fic! Yay! *party canon* I'm gonna be writing this one while my big wall of writers block is blocking me from write Final Mew VII. So I will be working on this alongside "A Dragon's Blood". I'm really exited for this one! As said in the description, this is inspired by the first drafts for Cloud Strife. Yes, this was a little short. And only has two characters. But trust me Cloud (duh :P) and Zack are gonna be important in this story ^.^... Plus I guess it's no mystery who destroyed Niblehiem HAHAHAA.... Trust me, more Final Fantasy characters will be popping up in the next few chapters ^-^~!

Though at some point I'll warn you, I might kill off some characters so >.<'