Chapter 2

I shot out of bed feeling the sweat on my forehead. The dream it just seemed so real, but it couldn’t be.  No, it was a dream and nothing more.  I rolled over to look at the time on my clock and sighed, 6:45.  Five minutes to spare before I had to wake up Jessie I stood from my bed and walked to the bathroom.  When I looked in the mirror, it was if a train had run over me.  The nightmare definitely took its toll on me.  My eyes had dark bags under them and you could see how scared I am.  I washed my face off gently and took a deep breath.  “You are acting insane, you are perfectly fine.”  I heard the blare of my alarm clock and quickly walked out to Jessie’s room.

He looked so fragile in his tiny bed and I felt like crying.  I bent down by his bed rubbing his shoulder.  “Victoria five more minutes,” his voice said tiredly and I held back a laugh. 

“Come on brat, you’ve got to get up and take a shower.  Don’t make me bring the cold water in here like I did Thursday.”  He shot up and stared into my eyes.

“You owe me for not coming and playing video games last night.”  I sighed and looked towards his wall clock. 

“Fine five more minutes but that’s five minutes you don’t have to eat the breakfast I was going to make.  Your choice,” I got up and heard him grumble a reply.  When I was in the kitchen I finally heard the shower being turned on and smiled.  I got the eggs and bacon cooking up an omelet.  As if on cue when I was finished Jessie walked in and sat down looking at me eagerly.  Laughing I put his breakfast down in front of him and it was gone within seconds. 

“Thanks Tori, that was really good, um could I,” I rolled my eyes putting the one I had already made before he was done in the shower in front of him. 

“Eat this one slower,” he nodded and continued to eat as if there was a price at the end of the food.

“Tori, could you sign this paper for my class?”  He asked between mouthfuls.  I nodded reaching in his backpack finding one single paper, signing it quickly I watched as he stuffed it back in his backpack and ran out the door.  Gosh sometimes I feel like he is still 8.  I smiled to myself as I cleaned the kitchen again and quickly walked back to my room since I had thirty minutes to get ready.  I looked myself in the mirror and decided today was a dress day.  Opening the closet door I all but screamed at what greeted me.  On the floor was the cap I bought for Aaron on our 3 month anniversary.  I backed slowly up against my desk and heard a clatter.  Turning slowly I saw a single rose lying in a puddle of its own water.  I covered my mouth so I wouldn’t scream and quickly grabbed the letter addressed to me.

Dear my sweet, sweet angel,

I know I’ve been away for so long, and I realize you must not have missed me to much since you have that new boy.  But I’ve missed you so much Victoria.  Not a day goes by that I don’t wish we could be together.  And just think that in two weeks you will become legal and we can finally get married like we always planned.  Sounds nice right?  I already bought our house and everything.  Well I didn’t really buy it, I had to get rid of the people in it first, but gorgeous trust me.  You are going to fall in love with it.  My everything, I’ll be seeing you tonight.

I love you with all my heart,

Aaron.

It’s not real, it’s not real, I told myself.  I threw the note in the trash and picked up the rose.  “Oh my god look what Erik got for me, it’s just so beautiful.  I can’t believe he would go through all this trouble just for me.”  I smiled at the rose Erik got me and finally pulled on my dark purple dress with my five inch heels.  I stood up looking myself in the mirror smiling. 

“Hey, Tori, are you in your room?”  I heard Erik’s soft voice yell through the house. 

“Yeah I’m back here!”  I yelled and waited for him to walk in the door.  His eyes showed the lust as he looked me up and down. 

“You are not wearing that to school,” I felt the random stinging sensation again, but this time I saw Erik’s hand make contact with my cheek in a mirror.  No that did not happen, he would never hit me.  He loves me more than anything and I him.

“No, of course not, I wouldn’t want you fighting off guys twenty four seven.”  I smiled and slipped on some jeans and put converse on.  After I looked myself in the mirror I saw the red mark beginning to form on my cheek.  Where the hell had that come from? 

“Hey babes don’t forget to take your pills,” Erik’s voice rang through the house as I heard him rummaging through some cabinets in the bathroom.  When he walked back with two white pills and a glass of water I took a step back.

“I don’t take pills,” I said and he sighed.

“Babe we go through this every morning.  You take these two pills because the doctor told you to take them.  I am not trying to drug you or anything,” I took the pills and put them in my mouth.  He quickly handed me the glass of water and I took a huge gulp.  As his back turned towards me I spit the pills out and hid them under my bed. 

“Okay are we ready now?”  I asked and tried to erase the thoughts from my head.  What were in those pills?  Why do I have pills?

Hey everyone please leave me comments.  I love reading  them.  I don't care if you vote or not I just want comments.  Love you all.  Byes