Chapter 2:

The Next Day;
"Adelaine!" Why is she shouting me at 9 AM?!
"I'm on my way Lily" I haul myself out of bed and trudge to my sister's room.
"You know you love me?"
"Depends on what you want..."
"Well, there's this band, called The Tide and i really like them and their music is really good and their doing a FREE fanfest and i really want to go but mum can't take me and i've managed to get me a ticket plus a spare one, please take me? You'll love it!" How can she say all of that so fast?!
"Where?"
"Manchester.. It's at 4pm at Sound Control on the 29th of May" She practically squeals at me
"I'll try and get the day off of work to take you, no promises!" With that stated i walk out of her room and head downstairs.

"Good Morning Mum" i smile as i walk over to the fridge to grab my water.
"Me and dad are going away for 2 weeks, leaving on Saturday, will you be be okay to look after Lily?"
"Yeah, sure, i'm going to try and take her to see this new band on Sunday so we'll Leave here Saturday evening and i'll book us a hotel until Monday becuase i understand how important bands can be to her and she deserves a good time"
"I'll give you £50 towards it all"
"Thankyou" i kiss her cheek, grab my laptop and run upstairs to my room.

As i get into my room, i put my water down on my beside cabinet and open up Google. I book the Train tickets which only costs me £20 with open return on the Monday which is really good!

For those of you guessing, i'm 16 but i dropped out of school and straight into work. It's a well paid job of £2.70 an hour and i work 60 hours a week, and i'm also balancing home school with it to get my grades. My sister is 11 and me and her get along really well, surprisingly. Don't get me wrong, we have our fall outs but who doesn't?

I'm going to keep it a surprise for her that we can go, i've already rung my manager to confirm my weekend away and she said that it's okay. Shockingly, i'm looking forward to it.