I Want A Happy Melody

Chapter Three: "I want a happy Melody!"
(SFX: Sob! Sob!) Sam is curled up, hugging his knees," S-Sorry..." he whispers to himself, both his eyes get slowly covered in the tears being built up. He closes his eyes, allowing them to flow, and remembers a moment. Sam is facing his back to a girl, both in school uniforms in a classroom empty excluding them. The girl's purple bangs are covering her eyes in their shade making it impossible to observe the emotions they bear even though from the way her head is hung, it seems as if she is speechless in sadness or anger, while Sam is making a bit sad face.
"Sorry for ruining your life." Says Sam,
Sound of chirping birds is heard as the day is bright, unlike the dull, lackadaisical expression on Sam's face who is walking along the road with Rio towards college. Their school-bags hanging lazily on their shoulders.
Rio asks,"... And I thought of trying basketball today but I didn't have anything else to wear so I brought this track-suit." Rio is saying to Sam who nods in response. "So did you come up with anything?"
Sam replies," Nope! All ideas were too similar to the popular animes or movies, so just researched instead." He sighs as he rubs his head. Rio then comments, "Must be hard trying to come up with an original idea..."
Sam agrees," Yeah!"
"HEYY!" They both hear a cheerful sound as they look back to see a happier-than-usual Alisha excitedly running towards them to catch up with them.
Both of them are surprised as she is in casual clothes and not in her uniform, a dark blue top and light blue jeans, her pink hair in the usual curls held together by a clip at the back of her head except for the curl that made its way to obscure her right eye every now and then. As she nears them, her hand-bag swinging as she moved, she seems surprised too.
"Good Morning!" Sam greets her with a mild smile.
"Good Morning!" She greets him back in her cheerful sing-song tone. She then looks towards Rio, possibly wanting to greet him too but notices his frown and thus doesn't say anything to him but turns to Sam instead and asks," Why're you in uniform?" She stares blankly at them.
"Well. Why wouldn't I wear uniform to college? But why're you not in uniform?" Sam replies with equal confusion.
"Weren't you listening when Y.S sir was..." she is about to say something but then suddenly realizes," RIGHT! I GET IT!" she declares.
Rio then hurriedly tries to figure out, "Get what?"
She laughs mildly." Ahehe! You guys were asleep so you don't know but we're going on the school trip today! School trip! Isn't it great? Yay!" She jumps in excitement but on the contrary, a gloomy aura surrounds Sam as he looks forward with his dead-fish eyes.
"You know Sam! This year they are changing the school trip to something else! They said we'd be helping out sixth-graders with their camp or picnic... hmm... I don't remember correctly...We'll be having fun with lots of cute kids... YAY!" she squealed in her usual (hyper-) active tone!
"I wonder how she can be so excited about this but well its Alisha I'm talking about!" Wonders Sam in his head. Much to Rio's surprise, Sam smiles, "Oh yeah all right! Looks really fun to me." Rio however stares blankly as he thinks," His excitement is so fake! It's a miracle anyone will believe him even if it's Alisha." while Alisha nods enthusiastically. "But damn! I think I should go back home and change my clothes first! See ya later!" He shouts as he has already set off back the direction he came leaving behind a sweat-dropping Rio. Alisha looks a bit off, although hesitant, she looks at Rio and says worriedly," Rio! Don't you think by the time he gets back all of us would have already left off? He wouldn't make it." Rio sighs at the figure of Sam who gets out of viewing range as he makes a turn, and thinks," That's exactly what he wants to happen, I bet he wouldn't listen to come even if Nina asks." Rio thinks as he walks towards the college. It seems he'll be going without Sam, might as well put on the jacket instead of the uniform's coat.
Alisha then realizes she'll have to go with Rio.
'He just ignored me? Should I just pretend he isn't here? For some reason he never really talks properly with any girl. I don't even get what his problem is, jerk! Can he ever even behave nice?' She is thinking stuff like these while pouting when she notices Sam walking back to them although his face doesn't look healthy.
"Rio! Look! Sam's back!" Alisha says a bit surprised. Rio immediately looks back to see if a demon threatened Sam to go back for he wouldn't agree so easily. His expectations are proved to be true as it's none other than Miss Srijana who is walking behind Sam. She is dressed in outdoor clothes resembling a hiker, a dark green t-shirt and resembling pants with black boots and a pen in her pocket near her chest. And well Sam has a few swollen lumps on his head.
"Yo!" Srijana greets Rio and Alisha. "Good Morning miss!" both Rio and Alisha say in unison. "You're coming too. Little Miss?" asks Rio, referring to her with the nickname given to her by Sam yesterday after noticing she was shorter than him. "Oh well yep!" little miss smiles, hands on her hips and then frowns immediately," While I was on the way I met a pervert who dished out a pretty lame excuse and I had to 'fix' him up around the edges to help him come here "willingly"!"
Sam frowns with his swollen face," Fix? ... Willingly? I think the words she used are pretty much out of context!" He complains internally...
[Sam's conscience: Hell yeah! (SFX: Breeze blows) Oops! My straw-hat got swept away to the sea! I cannot even swim to get it back!
Sam: WAIT! WAIT! WAIT! SEA?
Sam's conscience: Yeah! (SFX: Sip-sip)
Sam: (Horrified) don't tell me that was coconut juice!
Sam's conscience: But it was! Ahahaha!
Sam: Seriously what are you doing?
Sam's conscience: Enjoying the sun at the beach! Hehe!
Sam: (dumbfounded): Sun? Beach? Inside my head? That's not even possible! (SFX: Gulp!) Right?
Another voice: Hell yeah it is when I'm around!
Sam (Irritated): First that darn conscience and now you, God! My head ain't a resort okay?
God: I don't care Ahahaha!
Sam: Stupid omnipotent retard! Don't you have to go take care of heaven and hell?
God: Well I gave the job to all those gods you humans created! Now don't interrupt us! Shoo! Shoo! ]
Those are the words after which the voices disappear. "I swear I'll make that divine rascal pay the rent for staying in my head!" Sam murmurs.
"Then I'll make you pay rent for living in the world I created Ahahaha!" comes the reply in his head making Sam sulk over.
"Pervert?" Rio questions but his voice is mostly ignored.
"Awww... Sam! Don't sulk! I'm sure you'll enjoy the trip!" Alisha shares her excitement. "You certainly will!" says Little Miss patting Sam in the back. Sam sighs seeing no way out of this. "Alright!" He says. He then takes off his coat and lets it hang in his left hand, which he puts in his pocket, his attire now looks like a formal-wear as he's now in white shirt and black pants. The two ladies present there are surprised to see that Sam has rolled his right sleeve up to the elbow while his left sleeve is unrolled but when inquired Sam laughed off saying it was just one of the odd things he liked to do!
"Whoa! Sam! You look like you are going to a party!" Rio teases Sam to which Sam grunts!" Shut up!"
They conversed now and then on their way to the rendezvous point.
"So my dear student Sam! You came up with anything?"
"Nah! I just researched since all my ideas were too familiar with recognized works."
''What did you research on?"
"Odd plants, strange plants, poisonous plants, other plants. Etcetera! I thought I'd get some good ideas from such but all that happened was I simply got bored."
"Lazy ass!"
"Yeah! Whatever!"
-About twenty minutes later-
There is music playing and some students are in the back singing and laughing as the bus they're on is on its way to their destination. Rio and Pramod are in the seat laterally opposite to the seat Sam and Little Miss are in.
"You know! I really wanna go to the back and sing with the guys. Ranose and Rashan are enjoying themselves and I'm stuck here." Pramod complains as he glares at Little Miss. "Think of it as punishment for throwing my books out of the window." She teases him and winks while Pramod just sighs.
Sam jokes," You better not make Pramod angry."
Little miss wonders," Why?"
Sam does a thinking pose," Well he's got a superb talent to get revenge."
Little miss is somewhat excited," What is that?"
Pramod chuckles as Little Miss sighs in disappointment when Sam says," He can untie people's shoelaces before they notice him."
'I guess I can't tell her I'd actually dumped that on the trash can! The following day I however found that book on my desk and I was too shocked so I threw that out without thinking!' "Tch!" Pramod makes a sound and begins to read a book he's holding. The cover is a plain white in which there's a picture of a bloody mouth smiling, with blood dripping shown from the lips shown giving it a real scary look. What no one noticed was the title of the book,' Smile'. Yes, the creation of the very Little Miss.
[
Sam: No one? Don't kid with me!
Narrator: You did?
Sam: Yes of course I did! You think I'm an idiot?
Narrator: (SFX: Giggle) Y-Yeah! Ahahaha!
(Other voices in Sam's head i.e. God and Conscience start laughing too!)
Sam: (SFX: Sigh!) GO TO HELL ALL OF YOU!
]