Two

The next morning, Hermione woke up to a feeling she didn't have since a while: A nice, warm, bed filled with good smelling sheets. The brunette got up and stretched her arms. She opened her eyes to see her owl waiting for her behind the window. Slightly laughing, she opened it and took the letter. She closed the window right away and opened her mail. It was from the Minister, saying she got her job and was starting today at 6:30 am. Hermione looked at the clock in the room and saw she only had 10 minutes until her job started. Panicked, she ran to the shower, grabbing only her underwear and bra.

By this time, Harry woke up an hour before Hermione and was done with his breakfast. Ready to go to work, he thought it would be nice to wake her up before leaving. As the boy opened the spare room door, his eyes widened. There was beside the bed, Hermione only in her underwear and bra, her hair wet and curly, trying to put on a dress. She turned over and went bright red as she saw him.

"Merlin! Harry, what are you doing?!" she screamed.

"Shoot. Sorry, Hermione. I was just coming to wake you up!!" he cried, covering his eyes and turning around.

The witch put on her dress as fast as she could and sighed.

"You could have knocked," she sighed.

Harry mumbled a slight «sorry» and kept his eyes covered as he turned back.

"I have to go, I'm late. Could you help me zip up my dress?" Hermione asked, really shyly.

Harry slowly took off his hands and felt the most nervous he could ever be. He hadn't been in a presence of an almost-naked woman since before the war, when he was dating Ginny. And, to not help him, this dress looked amazingly attractive on Hermione. Shakily, he walked up to her and gulped hardly when she took her hair up so he could zip the dress properly. His hands were a mess as he gripped the zip and pulled it up. Hermione let her hair down and grabbed some shoes. She put them on and rapidly threw her hair in a high bun. The brunette turned around and looked at her almost sweaty bestfriend.

"How do I look?" she asked.

This was a very hard question for Harry. He couldn't pick a word that would describe how pretty she was. He never realised how much Hermione developed since the war, she had curves, beautiful ones, her skin was tanner, her hair was less bushy and her face looked very woman-like. She was absolutely perfect. His mouth trembling, Harry managed to pronounce "Stunning" even though he stuttered and couldn't stop flicking his eyes as if he thought this was just an awkward situation from a dream.
But this was real, his absolute gorgeous friend was standing in front of him, smiling.

"Good. I just got a mail from the Minister, I got my job! I'm starting in a few minutes," she explained.

"What? Oh Merlin, Hermione, that's such good news! Congratulations," he said, feeling his nervousness relieve as he smiled big and embraced her in a tight friendly hug.

She gladly returned the hug and smiled again. Hermione took her bag and stuck her wand in it.

"I've got to go or else I'll be late," she said anxiously.

"Let's go together, I work there too. But take something to eat, here," he spoke, giving her some sandwich he intended to bring her earlier.

She quickly thanked him and shoved the food in her magical bag. Harry shakily took her hand and they apparated to the Ministry. As they said goodbyes, they both wished what happened this morning was going to be forgotten soon.

♡♡♡

Tired from her first day, Hermione walked out of her office hoping to find Harry and go home. She looked for about twenty minutes until she gave up. She sighed and apparated to the building. She walked up the stairs and arrived to Harry's apartment. She knocked only to have no answer. Hermione had no key so she decided to apparate inside, and as she did, she discovered Harry on the floor, flour everywhere on him. Shocked, she put down her bag and ran to him.