Letter From Home

Robb and I walk down the street, filled with merchants which seem eager to sell their freshly caught fish and exotic fruit. I can see the many drops of sweat on his forehead. It seems like he still hasn't gotten used to the temperatures in Pentos. From a distance we see a house, taller than the others. As we walk along the path we notice the built walls around the house, turning it into a mansion. This must be where we are to find the Magister. It seems weird, seeing no guards doing their job by the Magister's mansion. 

"Shall we, my Queen?" Robb stops, and faces me. His expression is gentle as the back of his hand wipes some gathered sweat from my face. In Westeros, he would be wiping a strand of hair out of my face.

"Let's." Before we get to march towards the tall wooden gates we notice a figure running in our direction.

"Wait!" He screams, and we do as he says, but stay cautious. People of Free Cities never like Kings or Queens, anything could occur during our visit. The man rests his hands on his knees, breathing heavily due to the previous sprint towards Robb and I.

"A letter from Winterfell, to you, your grace." His hand holds a letter with the Stark sigil on it. Robb's hand reaches out to grab it and thanks the man, which is on his way once more. Robb starts to stare at the letter, tugging on the sigil in order to open the letter. I lay my hand on his, and his eyes fix on mine.

"My King, are you sure you want to open the letter here?"

"Zhalia, this is urgent. Mother and Arya may have wishes or problems. Maybe it may even be of Sansa." Robb runs a hand over his face due to the stress building up inside him.

"Robb, Spies. Other Assassins. Have you lost common sense? Let us at least visit the Prince's promised chambers to us and open the letter there." I let go of Robb and he sighs. "I will feel a lot safer there. I don't already want to kill someone on my first day back here in Pentos."

"I am grateful to have a functioning brain next to me when I need it the most." Robb laughs and kisses my lips softly. I feel heat radiating off my cheeks as he steps back and starts to walk towards the Prince's Palace.

As we arrive, Sallio Ormin greets us with the same expression he always does and leads us to our chambers. As all the other rooms in the Castle, it has tall windows, illuminating every spot in the room and creating a nice feeling. Mykie and Grey Wind race to the giant bed, play fighting for space. Robb and I store out belongings in a chest nearby and lock it, making sure no one will be able to open it.

"So, the letter." I say and Robb nods quickly, almost seeming to have forgotten about it. Out of his pocket he takes the letter and opens it in a matter of seconds, his eyes going wide in shock just moments after he reads the first words. Just then, Arapho Sanyr enters the room with open arms and a smile on his face.

"My guests. I'm glad to have you here for the night or many more to come, please, if you need anything, notify me through Sallio Ormin." The Prince looks around in the room, noticing us already settling in.

"Thank you, your grace." I answer as Robb was not able to respond and his expression changes rapidly, seeming annoyed by something or someone. He nods, putting on a fake smile and leaves our chambers. I rush to Robb, who has now sat down on the bed next to his loyal direwolf, head in his hands.

"Robb, what is in the letter?" I kneel down in front of him with my hands by my side, a worried expression on my face. He holds out the letter for me to take and I start to read.

My dear son and dear daughter-in-law,

Something terrible has happened in Westeros whilst you were on sea. The houses which are sworn to the Lannisters, Westerling and Payne, are marching towards King's Landing. I am writing this on the night of a full moon. Please, return and recruit your army. You ought to know, that if they take in King's Landing before you bring back Daenerys Stormborne, we will not be able to live.

Love, Catelyn.

Her signature rests at the bottom right next to her name. I put the letter on the bed and notice Robb's head still falling into his chest.

"Robb, do not fret. We will save them." I cup his cheek and lift his head up. His eyes are watery and he seems broken.

"I know, I am just worried about their safety."

"I have a plan already, my King." I start to speak but Robb's movements make me swallow my words. He stands up quickly and moves past me in a split second, not looking back over his right shoulder to speak.

"I need some time, for myself. Prepare if you like, I will be back soon." With that he shuts the tall door behind him. Grey Wind rushes over to the door and scratches on it, showing me, that he wants to follow his leader. I open the door for him and he runs out.

"Looks like it's just the two of us until they return Mykie." I say and lay down next to her on the bed. Suddenly, a wave of nostalgia swept over me. I notice how much I missed having her by my side when I sleep. Her warmth keeping me safe at night, wherever we were. 

"Oh well, you ready to kill those pricks?" Mykie barks and I notice her agreeing. "Yeah, me too."

I get up and walk to the table situated in another part of the chambers, grabbing some paper which had been placed nearby and a feather with ink. I draw out a plan, trying to draw the best stick figures I can, which should indicate who is who. I must say, I am fairly proud of my work.

I have been so into my work, that I do not notice the sun going down. I light some candles and also realise, that Robb hasn't returned from his break yet. Where is he? I walk over to one of the big windows and look over Pentos. During the years of hunting in any territory possible, I am able to notice small details from afar. But yet, no Robb Stark.

I whistle, making Mykie's ears perk up and walk out of the door. Mykie follows and I lock the chambers behind me, putting the key in my pocket and making sure it is closed.

It gets darker, but I already know where to search for Robb.