Back North

I see the high standing granit walls of winterfell and order Night to go faster. Night does as I say and in just a few moments I stand before the wooden gate which is entered quickly and closed just as fast. I lead Night to the stables and take out everything I thought was useful when I looked through the chambers of the Lannisters. 

"Zhalia!" I hear a little boy's voice say. Rickon. I turn around and get on my knees, not minding my own armour to get dirty. I embrace him and notice how his hair has grown in such a short period of time. Bran follows behind in a wooden wagon which is pulled by Hodor. I run over and embrace him as well. I have a certain connection to these lads.

Rickon pulls on the white fur I am wearing and I kneel down to meet his eyes. He motions me to come closer and I do as he says. He puts his mouth close to my ear.

"I heard from Robb you killed the king. And the Lannisters. And you are now queen according to the townsfolk!" he whispers. 

"Keep that in your little head, only, Rickon. Do not let those words slip over your tongue one day. Or we will all be dead." he steps back and nods in understanding. I get up once more and look to Bran who had a smile on his face.

"Now, where is your mother and brother?"

"Robb is training the men, mother is in the library. You should visit her, she was worried about you. And may I mention, we did not tell her that you would be returning anytime soon. She will be surprised!"

"All right princes, so long!" they both wave as a sign of their goodbye as I head to the library with Mykie by my side. I feel like we have grown fairly strong since the day of our departure. A few guards greet me happily as I make my way to Catelyn's location. The library has the smell of thousands of books which I adore. In a nearby chair I see Lady Stark sitting comfortably with a book opened in her hands.

"Who goes there?" She asks, not taking her gaze away from her book.

"I do." I simply say and her head snaps in my direction. She smiles in an instant and walks over to me to give me a warm embrace.

"You have done well, my queen." She releases from the hug and bows. 

"Oh please, don't call me that Lady Stark." I chuckle a little.

"Whatever you wish, your grace."

"Nothing affiliated with anything royal, please."

"All right. Would you like to see Robb? He has been worried ever since he received the raven of Arren. He thought you would not come back to fight by his side."

"Whoever tries to take winterfell down will be killed by all of your men's blades. I have told the guards of King's Landing not to send their men to war if they want to survive. But we shall see who was really loyal to the Lannisters and Baratheons."

"Come on, my lady. I shall lead you to him. He thought you would be arriving in the evening. What do you say we surprise him?"

"My lady, I am not that special."

"You are, do believe me, lady Zhalia."

We walk out of the library after Lady Stark placed her book back in the rightful place and walk to the training court where Robb and his men are supposed to be, which they are.

"Go down there and start to fight a guard. Put on your hood and after you have him pinned down, take it off. My son will notice your skills. Now go." Catelyn says with a hint of excitement in her voice. I follow as she says and walk behind a guard, hitting on his armour with my sword to provoke. He turns around and aims for my sword arm but I quickly parry. My assassin steps quicken and I have him pinned down as Catelyn predicted. My hood falls off my head naturally and I look over my shoulder to see Robb, smiling widely.

"You survived, Lady Zhalia, you survived!" He fast walks over to me, sheathing his sword and embracing me as good as the other members of his family. Even warmer.

"Thank the gods." I hear Robb mumble but brush it off. I hug him back tightly, glad that he has been doing good himself as well.

"What did you expect, Lord Stark! I am always successful."

"I do see that. You are queen now, aren't you."

"Yes, but I plan on searching Daenerys Targaryen and giving her the Iron Throne back. As for this moment, all of Westeros seems 'royal-family-free'. Does it not?"

"It certainly had the feel once we received the news."

"So, how are your men? Have other soldiers met their blades?"

"No, as far as I am informed, the enemy has not shown any signs of wanting to start a war. You sure have them under control."

"No, I do not want that. I do not want control. I want them to be free, I just want them to have a leader, someone to follow and look up to. Not someone who controls your every breath."

"I am proud of you, Zhalia."

"And I am thankful for this mission, Robb."

That night, we talked about everything at King's Landing and the travels. Arya, which has been found, has still not been returned to Winterfell. That worries the Starks, so I made it my new mission. I have yet no idea of how I am to find Daenerys, therefore I have other manners to attend. Including meeting Jon at the wall, returning to King's Landing every once in a while and eventually finding out about Lady Targaryen on the road.

What a journey there is to come.