Chapter One - And Here I Thought Princess Giselle Was Mere Imagination.

Chapter One

It should be none of my concerns , it shouldn't . That's what mother Acadia always says , but how can it not ? I'm here watching this kids picking up the trash and scraps of food that people who believe themselves superior to everyone else leave on the ground just because they are lazy ! Just because they do not posses the physical energy to bend down and pick it up , they should have not throw it in the first place , you would say I'm overacting taking this to a whole new level, well no. They are kids ! The older one is no more than ten years old and if only they had a validated reason but they do not .The government (in which I'm unfortunately part of ) pays them yes but children shouldn't be receiving any money, the shouldn't be laboring, they should't be treated as servants, they are meant to be at school receiving the proper education to become professional doctors, thinkers, writers, chefs etc... I mean if only they were picking up garbage that's due to the dirt left by the wagons of architects , or the horses of the farmers because this people work and bring benefits to the country and they don't do it on purpose; however, this rubbish is done by politicians , parliament members, business people who walk around leaving everything that they need no more on purpose ! That's not fair! I believe children are our future and if we don't take care of our future then there is no future for us , that's what this horrible government is doing, destroying Zartania's future.

There was a loud female screech followed by the sound of rakes, brooms rubbing on the ground , stones being lifted with the big noisy steps of the people and sticks breaking, a group of men began to scream " Insolent ! Insolent ! " which made me snap out of my thoughts . My eyes trailed the twangs and found themselves with the cruelest scene that immediately destroyed my heart into many tiny pieces ; a tall and thin boy of nine -years old perhaps , the breakable skinny bones were sticking out of his elbows , his neck was straightened upward by the bald and old cruel man holding him which made his veins noticeable and the long skinny legs that wouldn't reach the ground were covered with dirt and sludge . The bald and old men was grabbing him from the collar of his shirt while shaking him a bit as he demands the little boy to speak, meanwhile a pair of muscled toned chested men started to crash their fists against the weak child's stomach every time he would not answer, the angry - looking lady who I suppose was the cause of the problem was standing next to them with arms crossed and chest upped waiting for an apology .

" Oh my lord , Release that boy now ! " My voice echoed throughout the whole patio, powerful and strong . The amount of ladies that a couple of minutes ago were gossiping about the upcoming Drama play in which Zayn Huffleiz was starring ( famous Zartanian actor known mainly because of his 'handsomness ' ) were now as quite as a mime , the teenagers stopped squealing because Sirena Zolain ( Famous Zartanian singer ) got a new boyfriend, and the silence eventually took over the entire patio. Everybody was looking at me. I was angry . They weren't obeying me.

I walked over to them and stare for a second waiting for them to liberate the child but they were not doing it . " Aren't you listening ? " Bitterness overcame my tone of voice and is all I really felt now .

" But Your highness ..."

" Now ! " I demanded increasing my tone a little. I know I am being harsh but this kind of behavior is anti-human .

The kid fell directly to the ground swallowing bits of dirt . I immediately dropped myself to the floor and took the infant by the arm standing him up .

" What in zorke is happening here ! "

Oblivious to my mother's dramatic scene I turned to the child still in my arms and asked if he was okay, but he could barely nod, the areas around his eyes were purple probably from lack of sleep , his legs were shivering and bended , not standing straight which made it difficult to walk and his arms were marked by strikes of blood that weren't even patched . I traced my fingers over the injuries , this got me a moan of pain from him . " I'm sorry , What's your name honey ? " I wasn't giving him a hint of trust because he would only stare at me confused and silent .