Happy Anniversary

Start from the beginning

Jimi pulled in Kimberly's driveway and then walked up to the door and knocked. "Hey Jimi!" Kimberly said. "Here is Emma's stuff for tonight. Thank you again for doing this. I really appreciate it!" Jimi said. "It's no problem Jimi, you guys are family" Kimberly said. "I should probably get home before Karen starts to worry" Jimi said. "Alright I'll see you later" Kimberly said and Jimi went back to his car and drove home.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

Jimi arrived back at home and saw Karen sitting on the couch reading a book. He went to sit down next to her. "What time are you going out with Kimberly and Rebecca?" Jimi asked. "1:00" Karen replied. "Are you sure you're fine with me going out with them today because I can cancel if you want to do something today" Karen said. "No, no don't cancel on my account. Have your girl's day and we can do something to celebrate tonight" Jimi said and leaned in and kissed her. "How about we go get some breakfast" Jimi suggested. "Sounds good to me" Karen said and they left.

When they came back home, Karen and Jimi sat outside on the patio together until it was time for Karen to meet up with Kimberly and Rebecca. Karen grabbed her things and left. "I'll be home in time to have dinner" Karen said and kissed Jimi. "Love you" Karen said. "Love you too, have fun" Jimi said as Karen walked out the door. He waited about 10 min. before he headed to the store in case if Karen forgot something. He got in the car and went to the store to buy the stuff for dinner and a bottle of Karen's favorite wine. Then he went home and put the groceries away and then got out the lights and candles and drove over to where they store their boat and started to set up the decorations. Once he was done he went home and started to prepare dinner.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

Kimberly, Karen and Rebecca went out to lunch and went shopping. While they were shopping, Kimberly looked at the time and saw that it was time to get Emma from school. "Oh, um guys... I have to get going... um... Daisy is really fussy and Stephen can't get her to calm down" Kimberly said. "Ok, tell Daisy I said hi" Karen said. Kimberly and Rebecca were relieved that Karen believed that story. Then Kimberly left the mall and Karen and Rebecca finished up shopping.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

Kimberly pulled up to Emma's school. Emma saw her and ran over to the car. "Hey sweet girl. How was school" Kimberly said. "It was good. We aren't really doing anything since school is going to be done next week." Emma said. "Well I'm glad you had a good day" Kimberly said and smiled. "So... What do you want for dinner tonight" Kimberly asked. "I don't really care as long as I get to help cook" Emma said smiling. "Sounds good to me" Kimberly said.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

It was about 5:00 and Karen and Rebecca finished up their shopping day. "Have fun with Jimi tonight" Rebecca said. "I will" Karen said and smiled then they gave each other a hug goodbye and went their separate ways.

Karen pulled into the garage and grabbed her bags and walked in the house and set them down. The food was done and Jimi had just finished setting the table when Karen walked in the kitchen. "Wow. Babe this is amazing!" Karen said and kissed Jimi. "Well it is our anniversary" Jimi said and kissed her again. Karen was looking around and noticed that Emma wasn't there "Where's Emma" Karen asked sounding a little worried. "She's not here" Jimi said. "Well where is she" she said even more worriedly then Jimi gently grabbed her arms. "Relax babe. Kimberly picked her up from school and she is spending the night at her house" Jimi said in a calming voice. "Oh, ok" Karen said and let out the breath she was holding in. Then Jimi walked back over to the kitchen and grabbed a bouquet of flowers. "For you, my love" Jimi said and handed them to her. "Jimi, they're beautiful" she said and smelled them. "Happy Anniversary" Jimi said and kissed her. "Happy Anniversary" Karen said back. Then she put them in a vase. "Dinner is ready" Jimi said and set the food on the table. "This looks delicious" Karen said and Jimi pulled Karen's chair out for her and she sat down. "Thank you" Karen said as she sat down. The two of them started eating. "This tastes amazing, Jimi" Karen said. "Thank you" Jimi replied. "So, I take it when Kimberly left the mall today, she went to pick Emma up" Karen said. "Yep" Jimi said with a smirk.

They finished up eating and then they cleared the table. Karen went upstairs to get the gift she got for Jimi. She grabbed the large box and took it downstairs. She gave it to Jimi and he opened it. It was a guitar that Jimi had been wanting for a while. "Babe, this is amazing" Jimi said and kissed her. "I know you've been eyeing this up for a while" Karen said smiling. "Thank you" he said. "Now I have a surprise for you" Jimi said and grabbed her hand and a blind fold and took her to the car. "Here, put this on" Jimi said and handed her the blind fold and Karen did. "You can't see can you" Jimi asked suspiciously. "No, I can't see Jimi." Karen said sounding a little sassy and Jimi just laughed. "Where exactly are you taking me?" Karen asked. "You see, if I tell you where we are going, then it wouldn't be a surprise" Jimi said while laughing. "Can't I at least have a hint?" Karen asked. "Nope" Jimi said. "Come on, Jimi" Karen begged. "Kare, I am not telling you where we are going. You are just going to have to wait until we get there" Jimi said and laughed again. "Fine" Karen said. Jimi was totally enjoying this because Karen is a planner and likes to know what is going on.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

Jimi pulled up to the boat launch and put the car in park and turned it off. "Can I take this off yet?" Karen asked. "Nope, not yet" Jimi said and got out of the car and walked over to Karen's side and opened the door for her. He grabbed her hand and helped her out of the car and carefully walked her over to the boat. They got to the boat and he helped her on. Then he grabbed the necklace box out of his jacket pocket and stood in front of her. "Alright babe, now you can take off the blind fold." When she did, her jaw dropped and she put her hands over her mouth. "Jimi... How did you...This is amazing" Karen said trying to put a sentence together. "Happy Anniversary babe" Jimi said with a huge smile planted on his face and handed her the necklace box and she opened it. "Jimi, this is beautiful" she said in aw and took it out of the box. "Can you put it on" Karen said and handed him the necklace then Jimi went behind her and put it on. "I'm glad you like it" Jimi said and kissed her neck. "How could I not" Karen replied then Jimi went and launched the boat and slowly drove around the lake. Jimi drove to an open spot on the lake and stopped the boat and just let it float. He got the wine out of the cooler that he had on the boat and two wine glasses. He poured some wine in both glasses and handed one to Karen. "You thought of everything" Karen said and Jimi smiled. "Well I wanted tonight to be perfect." Jimi said. "Any night is perfect as long as it's with you" Karen said and walked over to where Jimi was sitting and sat on his lap and kissed him. Jimi was sitting with his back to the seat and Karen was sitting between his legs with his arms around her. They sat like that for a while. It was starting to get chilly and Jimi grabbed some blankets from under the seat and put it over him and Karen. "Jimi, this couldn't have been any more perfect." Karen said and looked up at Jimi and he gave her a kiss. They sat and talked for a few hours.

They stayed out on the lake until about 10:30 and decided to head back to shore. Jimi got up and drove the boat back over to where they store it and hooked it back up to the dock. Then he helped Karen off the boat and walked hand in hand back to the car and headed home. Once Jimi pulled into the garage, he got out of the car and walked over to Karen's side and opened the door for her and helped her out. Then he picked her up bridal style and Karen laughed. Then he carried her into the house and up to their bedroom... and you know what happens next.