Chapter 9

HARRY'S P.O.V.

                Damn. I just sent that. There is no telling what is going to happen. I don't even know why I want to talk to her at this hour. There is nothing wrong. Nothing I'm dying to tell her. Nothing I need  to get off my chest. Maybe I should text back and tell her I sent the message to the wrong person. No. She will think I'm having a booty call. That's not true. I've only ever been with two people. I don't regret them, but I didn't fall head over heels for them. I was in what I thought was love at the moment.

"Harry are you ok?" Drew asks from behind me. Damn. To late to come up with a lie.

"No. I'm fine."

"Are you sure? You look worried."

"Yeah I'm fine," I don't know what to say. This is beyond awkward.

"Harry, you can tell me anything. Did you and the boys get into it? You can trust me. Now please tell me what's wrong."

Her eyes. She's looking at me with those beautiful brown eyes. She looks so worried. I don't like that I worried her so badly.

"I don't know why I'm here. Me and the lads are fine. I just got a sudden urge to talk to you." I really feel horrible that I woke her up so early and had her scared.

"It's ok. Do you want to sit and talk about it?"

"Yeah. Sure." We sit down on a bench by a mailbox. We sit there for a moment before I speak up.

"Sorry."

"For what?"

"Waking you up. And worrying you that I was hurt emotionally or physically."

"It's fine. I really don't mind. I just want you to be happy. I can tell you're not." I know she's right. But I don't know what it is that is bothering me.

"Did you say something to the boys? Did one of the boys say something to you? Are you homesick?" She is prying. It's kind of annoying. I don't mind though. She is trying to help.

"No. None of that. I really don't know what is wrong with me."

"I'm sure nothing is seriously wrong. But you've got something on your mind."

"Yeah you're right. But I just don't know how to figure out how I feel about it, or if it's real, or if its something pathetic."

"Nothing that you are thinking is going to be pathetic. I promise you." I know what's on my mind. I just don't know how to tell her. Or if I should tell her.

                                                               DREW'S P.O.V.

                      Poor Harry. He looks confused and broken. When I walked up, he was thinking. Running his hands through his hair. I know there is something on his mind. He is worried about something. He is thinking about something. If I can just get it out of him.

"Harry?"

"Yes?"

"What is on your mind right now?"

"You." I know he isn't lying because he still is looking at his feet. He still looks worried.

"Is there anything else?"

"Us."

"What about us Harry?"

"I want us. I want this." He is making my heart break in two. Somehow I know he is telling me the truth. I know he is telling me that he wants us, he wants this.

"Drew?"

"Yes Harry?"

"Do ever think about us?" He looks like a child that never knew what love was.

"Yes." I answer truthfully. I have thought about us before. But I never thought that it would happen. I just thought I was being silly. Foolish.

"Do you want this too?" His voice is so soft. It's barely more than a whisper.

"Yes."

"Drew?"

"Yes Harry?"

"Why did you not tell me that you wanted this?" He is looking into my eyes now. His green eyes seem much more deep in color right now.

"I didn't think that you wanted the same thing."

    Before I know what his happening, Harry has my face cupped in his hands. He is kissing me within a second. The kiss is slow, soft, sweet, and passionate.

"How could I not want this?" He breathes against my lips.  I don't know what to say.

"Drew?"

"Yes?"

"Will you go on a date with me?"

"Yes."

"Are you tired?" His voice is slow and soft.

"Yes." I really am tired. It's way to early for this kind of emotion. But I don't mind. As long as it's Harry.

"Come on. I drove my car. I will take you home."

"Thank you," I tell him as we get up off the bench.

We walk in silence to his car beside the science building. It's so cold.

"Here." I  look over at Harry, he is handing me his jacket.

"I'm fine thank you."

"Drew. It's freezing out here. Take the jacket please." He is really so sweet.

"Thank you," I say as he puts the jacket over me. The rest of the walk is spent in silence. When we reach his car, he opens the door for me and I thank him again.

                                                                     HARRY'S P.O.V.

              I get inside and blast the heater. While we drive I turn on One Republic. I look over to ask Drew if she like them but I end up staring. Her cheeks and nose are rosy pink. She is nodding her head to the music. Her hair is falling softly across her shoulders. She is still shivering so I turn the heater up more. I'm so glad that she wanted this to. She may have said she wanted it but there is no telling how much longer I would have lasted without her. I needed her. I needed some sarcastic, innocent, sweet girl. Drew. I needed Drew.

"Harry?"

"Yes?" She has gotten silent. I hope she isn't regretting this. The kiss. Admitting our feelings.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why me? I'm not pretty. I'm not skinny. I'm not popular. I'm not famous. I'm nothing like somebody you should want. You deserve better." That was crushing. How is she talking about herself like this? this girl that I have fallen for is ashamed of herself.

"Your right. Your not pretty." I tell her. She looks hurt. Sooo hurt.

"You are beautiful. You are the most beautiful thing I have ever layed my eyes on. You don't have to be any size for me. Or anybody. You are perfect. You don't have to be popular for me to like you. I never said I needed you to be famous for me to would like you."

She looks so much brighter. Her eyes are sparkling. She really is gorgeous. I cant help myself. I reach over and kiss her forehead. She blushes.

"We are here." I tell her when we pull up to her building.

"Thank you. For all of this." She blushes again.

"Don't thank me. I'm just glad that you feel the same for me. At least I hope you do." I tell her. I really need her. She is pulling me to her like an unseen force. Gravity. I'm pulled her like a boulder pulled to the ground.

"I do. I have." She tells me. Her smile is so sweet.

"Goodnight Harry."

"Goodnight Drew."