Chapter 5: Chiharu; Nervous

That note she had gotten in her locker had been on her mind all day. Who the heck left it? Tanaka maybe? He seemed to like to pick on her, maybe he wanted to pull a prank? No, he wouldn't leave a note in her locker, that was just mean, it might get her hopes up. Maybe it was the teammate she had yelled at the other day for skipping practices all the time.

That really annoyed her about the Karasuno team. No one seemed to care except the Captain, Katsuki, a few other girls, and Chiharu.

Her leg anxiously bounced under her desk, it was last period and she needed to get out of class. Her anxiety had been building and building all day long. What if Asahi had left the note?

This thought had been circling her all day. In her heart, she hoped it was, but there was no way in hell it was him. She watched the clock for what seemed like ages, and when the bell finally rang, she was the first one out of the room. She had to get to practice, spike and serve the ball a few times, burn some of her pent-up energy.

She did just that at practice. "Man, Chi-chan!" one of her teammates cried as the ball flew over the net after Chiharu had performed a practice jump-serve. "You seem a little on edge," Captain said as she tossed Chiharu another ball. "Something bothering you?"

"She got a note from a secret admirer this morning!" Katsuki teased her. Annoyed, Chiharu did another jump-serve. She heard Katsuki squeak, "You're scaring me!"

"Sorry!" Chiharu put her hands behind her head, "I just can't stop thinking about whoever left that note. I'm really nervous." "Do you think it might be Asahi?" Captain asked. Chiharu shrugged, "I have no clue, Captain. What will I do if it is him?" Chiharu usually didn't open up to people with things like that, but Captain was different. She was like a caring older sister, and right now, it's what Chiharu needed.

Suddenly, Chiharu felt hands on her face, Michimiya held the first-years cheeks, "Stop being so nervous! You can do this!"

Chiharu smiled even though her face burned from the throbbing red hand-prints that were now on her face, "Thanks, Captain!"