The Wait

Six months.

For six months they've waited, hoping for their Sky to open his eyes and laugh it off, saying everything will be alright.

For six months they've visited him, looking at his fragile body, hooked up on the life-support machine.

For six months they've prayed for a miracle, wishing that all of this was just a dream. A bad dream where they can wake up from.

For six months, they ignored reality, ignored everyone else, and focused solely on their Sky.

"Kyouya. You can't be like this. It's been six months already. Please, just pull the plug off."

The ravenet completely ignored Dino's pleas as he made his way out of his domain.

"Kyouya! You can't keep on ignoring this!" Dino hollered which only fell on deft ears.

"Sir, as much as it pains me to say this, I suggest it's better for you to let him go and move on."

Gokudera only glowered at that suggestion.

The doctor, accustomed to the rowdiness of mafias, was unperturbed by Gokudera's hostility. Pushing back his sliding glasses, he stared straight at Gokudera's eyes.

"His health is deteriorating. If this keeps up, I have no choice but to make a decision myself."

Immediately, Gokudera's killing intent intensifies.

"No. We will make the call, not you," he said gravely.

The doctor only sighed before excusing himself. Walking away with pitiness in his heart.

They waited again, staying faithfully by their Sky's side.

Until one day, the others can take no more.

"Listen up you idiots, because we're gonna have a serious talk, you and me." Reborn growled menacingly.