But my thoughts are soon interrupted, when there's a loud bang, as though someone had just been thrown against a wall.

" Haymitch what in the world-" But once again, I was interrupted

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" I hear the sound of Katniss shout.

"Haymitch!" Effie yells frantically, so Haymitch and I come to the rescue.

"YOU DON'T TALK TO ME AND THEN YOU SAY YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON ME?!" By this time, we've reached the floor, and are running towards them.

"YOU SAY YOU WANT TO TRAIN ALONE IS THAT HOW YOU WANT TO PLAY?! HUH?!" Haymitch and I both tackle her away from Peeta, the poor boy.

"Stop it!"

"LET'S START RIGHT NOW!" And she stops, at least, I hope she will

"He did you a favor!"

"He made me look weak!"

"He made you look desirable! Which in your case, can't hurt sweetheart" Haymitch explains, slightly out of breath.

"He's right Katniss" Pipes up Cinna.

"Oh course i'm right! Now i can sell, the star-crossed lovers from District Twel-"

"We are NOT star-crossed lovers!" Katniss glares at Peeta.

"It's a television show!" Haymitch sighs, so I speak up.

"Katniss being in love with that boy might get you sponsors, which could save your damn life!" Katniss looks confused for a moment.

"Why don't you get out of here, maybe I can deliver you both in one piece tomorrow"

I slip off my heels, and rub the heels of my feet, giving Peeta a small smile, before I hear Effie bark at Katniss.

"Manners!"

_*_

I lie in bed, unable to move, or think for that matter. All different thoughts are telling me to do all sorts of crazy things. I've never been able to sleep before the Games. Never. It's always nerve-wracking, all hope just seems to vanish, without a trace. I lift myself up, move the hair away from my eyes, and get up for a glass of water.

While I'm there, I splash myself with freezing water, seeing if I could do anything to stay awake for as long as possible, you know, because you don't want tomorrow to come?

"Luce?" I almost drop the glass. Haymitch is standing in the doorway of the kitchen.

"Jeez, Haymitch! That was scary, especially in the dark!" He chuckles, and then takes a seat.

"Sorry, I heard someone get up, I was just wondering who it was."

"Oh, well now you know" I place the glass in the sink, and lean back on the counter.

"How are you feeling?"

"Honestly? Not so good" I admit.

"Don't worry, as soon as the horn sounds, you'll be completely in your zone" He shrugs, as though he knows what's going to happen in the next scene of a film.

"But what if it's just me and Katniss left? Or me and Peeta left? Or me Katniss and Peeta?! None of us will be able to kill each other. And I'm not sure I'll be able to live with myself if I let them sacrifice themselves for me." I sigh, rubbing my temples. Haymitch was silent for a moment,

"But that may not happen-"

"But what if it does?! What then! I've never been in a situation like this before, and probably never will be, Haymitch what do I do?!" Halfway through, Haymitch took me in his arms, and embraced me tightly.

"No matter what happens, I'll support you no matter what, I'll do all I can to get you sponsors-"

"No, we've made an agreement, all of us. We're going to save Katniss, we all know she's got a better chance of winning that Peeta, please Haymitch, for me?"

After a moments hesitation, he nods "But you know, if I'm ever in desperate need of something, you can always send me something" I shrug, causing us both to laugh.

"I love you Haymitch, thank you for always being there for me, when no one else was, you're the only one who's ever understood that I've ever been through. We've shared our pain as Victors together, and I can't thank you enough for that" He smiles, and wraps his arms around me, hugging me more tightly than before. When I'm sure I feel teardrops on my shoulder, from Haymitch's rare few tears, he whispers

"I love you too Luce"