13

Harry's P.O.V

            "Oh fuck Harry." Draco yelled through gritted teeth. "When we get done here I'm gonna castrate you with a cutting hex."

"Worry about that later." I told him. "Just focus on your breathing."  He took a deep breath and then the healers fed him another potion.

"Alright Mister Malfoy, it's time. Those babies are really upset in there." She said and Draco gripped my hand.  "One push should get one baby out, I reckon they're tiny." She said and the other healers gathered around to get prepared. "Go ahead." She said and Draco gave a scream as he pushed. I was in the perfect spot to comfort Draco but to watch my children be born. The first one came out, all bloody, and I let out a cry of happiness.

"We have a girl Draco! A baby girl." I sniffled.  She was so very small.  The baby was handed to another healer as Draco was getting ready to push again.

"Hurts too much." He cried squeezing my hand tightly. So tightly he might have broken it.

"I know, just once more." I assured. He nodded and gave another scream. He pushed hard and the little bloody baby slipped from him. "W-we have a boy." I told him kissing his head. They took the baby away. He rested against the pillow and started sobbing. "Shh, I'm so proud of you." I assured.

"They're three pounds each." The healer said gravely. "They're alive but they need Harry's magic to feed off of. We're rushing them to the NICU." She said and I nodded.  I looked to Draco who was still holding me tightly.

"I-I can't leave Draco." I said torn.

"Mister Potter it is impeccable you come with us." She commanded.

"Please don't leave me." Draco cried.

"Mister Potter now!" The healer said and I gently kissed Draco before parting. The last thing I saw was them giving Draco a calming draught.

We rushed to the NICU and they babies were put in little incubators. There was a chair I was pushed into.

"They need human contact with you." I was told as she was healing my broken hand. The babies hadn't cried once so I nodded. I placed one hand in each incubator and from the moment I touched their tiny hands, they began to cry. I let out a cry myself as they stared wailing. 

"Will they be okay?" I asked tearfully.

"Hopefully." She said and I nodded. I took in my daughter. She was wearing a pink hat and a diaper already. She had little puffs of blonde hair. Her skin tone, being pink from the breathing, was more my color than Draco's. She had Draco's chin but my nose. She had yet to open her eyes so I would see that later. I looked at my son and he looked exactly like his sister. He was wearing a blue hat and a diaper. They were perfect. I could see my magic was working because they had a glow to them. My daughter stopped crying first than her brother. With one sniffle, they opened their eyes and I gasped. They both had each one colored eye that matched mine and the other matched Draco's. "They're beautiful." The healer told me and I looked at her through my tears.

"Thank you." I said.

"They'll be needing a feeding soon. They seem healthy enough to eat on their own. We'll mix in small doses of things that will help them develop quicker. They'll need to stay here until they're at a good weight."

"What would be a good weight?"

"Six pounds." She said. "Three pounds doesn't seem much to you but they tend to lose weight while defecating." She told me and I nodded. As she exited, I started cooing to them softly and ran a hand over their tiny ones.