Chapter Seven

CHAPTER | SEVEN | ALIZA | POV

The peaceful feeling of waking up without having an alarm clock to do the job had to be one of the best things about a Saturday morning. This little bit of peacefulness isn't exactly going to last very long though; today I have to do the wedding shopping. I thought by going shopping last week it would have been enough to last me a whole 6 months. Then again I didn't know then that I was to be getting married next week. Next week.

Those two words played around my head endlessly ever since Isa had told me that they had changed the dates of the wedding. They were making it even closer instead of waiting till I had already graduated. I don't mind though that the dates had been changed, I'm quite excited about it, not worried like other brides I've seen before. 

What I was worried about though was Sia; even though Isa had told me nothing ever happened between them and that she had gone, the thought of her scared me. I still didn't tell anyone at home about that incident with Sia or how I now have a long gash running down my wrist.

I must admit though, the fact that my parents thought I cut myself was downright disturbing, but I didn't make a fuss about it and instead told them I accidently got scratched by the wires from the barb fence outside of school. Lying to them made me feel guilty just as much as when I miss Salat. Not liking the fact that they even believed me about that, I had decided to never lie to them again which I had never done anyway, but just in case I ever thought about it that idea would be an absolute 'No'.

Today and tomorrow is going to be a whole lot hectic since I have a full of list of things that me and Isa needs to do, made by both our parents; write the family names on the wedding invitations, pick out a colour for the hall and outfit, choose what food should be served and the list goes on. Thinking of the time we would need to spend on doing these things were tiring enough.

I wanted to do this as Halal as possible so ever since Tuesday, I told Isa that he didn't need to worry about giving me a ride since I normally go with Baba anyway. He hesitated but when I told him my reasons why, he was quite okay with the idea of it. I used to wonder about getting married when I was younger, heck it was mine and Farah's dream to get married and start a family but if course we grew out of that dream. We both still hoped for that one day to come.

Now I only have to wait seven more days till that dream becomes a reality for me. It was all too scary to think about seeing my parents and brothers cry on that day, even a few of those dramatic aunties. They had been there for me and in just a matter of days I would be moving out to my new house which I still haven't seen.

Isa had bought us a house without me even knowing about it until yesterday when Mama finally decided to tell me about it. The idea of it being my wedding meant that I at least had some sort of idea of what is happening, but I guess I was wrong since I'm the last to ever get told things in this house anyway. 

Sighing with effort I managed to get one foot out of the covers and onto the wooden floor. Before I gave up for a few seconds and just laid on the bed. Yet again trying to get out of bed. I finally got out without a struggle this time and just sat on the edge of my bed, letting my thoughts wander while I rested my head on my hands. That peaceful train of thought ended when the beeping sound of my phone went off indicating I had a new notification or text. 

Finding my phone from the mess that my bed was, wasn't too easy because like I said, it’s a mess. I finally found it and saw that it was a text from Isa:                                    'Hi, we're gonna reach your house soon, get ready!' I read the text before realising I had to reply to it.                                                                                       'Salaam, I'll be ready soon.' I replied back to him. I didn't get one back so I got up walked to my wardrobe seeing as I wouldn't have enough time to take a shower; I might as well take one when I come back home.