tbs - the photographer

Start from the beginning

"You know how on a weekly basis, the prof's been giving us themes for our photos that have to be included in the portfolio in the end?" He asks.

I nod, and he continues. "Well - and I'm not going to force you into anything, I'd never - I don't want you to have your photo taken in a position you're uncomfortable with - but this week's theme is intimacy."

My cheeks flush slightly. "What do you mean?" (a/n: oh oh oh)

"We have to catch our model in a position where they normally wouldn't be seen by anyone else."

"Like..." I trail off quietly.

"I'll stop beating around the bush - are you okay with coming over and letting me take a couple photos of you in my bed?"

A beat passes before he shakes his head, stammering again. "Not how you think - oh, god, I sound like a perv - like, in the comforter. God, nothing crazy if you're not up for it."

I pause. "Well..."

Thomas begins to backtrack. "God, this came off all wrong. I didn't mean to pop this so awkwardly and randomly on you and you probably think I'm a creep now - god damn it Tommy, good job-"

I cut off his worried rambles. "It's fine, I'll do it as long as Dylan isn't at your apartment then." I say, referring to his (awkward) roommate.

Thomas opens his mouth to say something, then closes it before opening it again to say, "Okay, wonderful."

I half-smile. "When do I show up?"

"Uh...half past 7-ish? The sunset lighting makes you look really nice."

My cheeks flush again. "I'll see you then," I respond.

**

I glance down at my outfit - jean shorts, and a loose tank - before knocking on his door twice. On the second knock, Dylan opens the door. When he sees me, he raises his hands. "I'm leaving, don't worry. He threatened me enough."

I chuckle. "Thomas?"

"Yeah," Dylan nods. "He's been nervous all day, just so you know."

"Uh...thanks." I say as he sidesteps past me, slipping out the door. I step inside, shutting the door behind me. "Tom?"

"Right here," he calls from the kitchen.

I smile, looking over at him. "Let's get started, shall we? I have a project I have to finish."

Were things horribly awkward right now?

Absolutely.

Was there anything I could do to change it?

I didn't think so.

He steps away from the counter, walking over to me and giving me a smile. "Thank you again for doing this. Honestly."

I give him a reassuring grin. "Its fine," I say, shaking my head. "Where else would you find such an amazing model?"

He laughs, easing some of the tension. "That's very true," he says, walking past me and leading me to his room.

As we enter, he grabs the camera that he was using yesterday off his shelf. "My bed's kinda messy, but that's a good thing, because it had to be messy for this shoot anyway."

"I don't mind," I say, sitting down in the center of the bed.

"Could you like...wrap it around yourself?" He asks, as he walks over to the blinds, opening them so that the sunset's fading sunlight could filter in.