01 - Fire

My heart beats erratically in my chest as if it was seconds from exploding out of my sternum. I sprint through the dimly lit warehouse, desperate to find my brother and get away from the assassins. My body comes to an abrupt stop on the metal walkway on the second floor when I see dark smoke billowing out from underneath one of the doors at the end. I suck in a deep breath as the smell of something burning greets my nose.

I cough into my arm before quickly changing my direction. The assassins set this abandoned warehouse in attempt to kill us. The walkway leads me to a set of stairs and I find myself climbing them climbing them. I take the stairs two at a time until I reach the fourth floor. I race to the railing that shows down to the lower floors. I gasp for a breath as my fingers latch around the rotting metal pipe.

Finn!

I scream my brother's name in my mind as loud as I can. I wait a few seconds before racing to the left. Fear and worry seep through my mind. My feet carry me through the fourth floor of the warehouse until I hear the sound of a katana dragging on the floor. All of the blood drains from my face at the noise. Oh, god.

As if my whole body was frozen, I stand in the middle of the room, trying to decipher where the noise is coming from. My head whips around to the left and my heart drops to my stomach at the sight of the assassin standing on the other side of the room with their katana in their hand.

Finn! I mentally call out for my brother again. Once again, no reply.

The assassin is dressed from head to toe in all black. A black hood drapes over their face just enough for all of it to be casted in a shadow. I slowly step back away from the assassin, forming a plan in my mind. This place is going to burn down to the ground and there is no way I am going to be in it when that happens. The hood of the assassin is too low for me to meet his eyes. I'm useless.

He tauntingly lifts his katana in the air and swings it around, intimidatingly. I quickly peer over my shoulder to see a window behind. If I plan it carefully, this could work. There's about twenty feet of distance between the two of us and he runs very fast. There's no time for me to second guess in a time like this.

I spin around on the toes of my sneakers, racing towards the window. The bottom of the window is nearly to the ground and ceiling. I refuse to look back as I throw my body sideways at the window, bringing my legs towards my chest and arms around my head. As my body slams into the window, glass shatters all around me. A few pieces nick my skin. Once in the air, I successfully manage to turn my body forward and my feet slam roughly into the connector between the two buildings.

A groan of pain slips from my mouth as I force myself to roll to lessen the impact. The roof of the connector of both buildings is a little hard to run across due to missing shingles. I run across to the other building. Thankfully, this building has a fire escape attached to it. Without thinking and adrenaline pulsing through my veins, I jump across the short three feet to the fire escape.

A few of the stairs are missing due to storms and being abandoned for so long. I scream out for my brother for the third time, only to get no response. I clench my fists as I jog down the fire escape. I glance up to see that the assassin didn't follow me this time- unless they are waiting for me at the bottom already. I reach the ground with nothing else in sight.

Finn and I make up a safe place to meet up at every new place we stay at. I just need to get there and hope he is already there or he will be there soon. The sound of the warehouse burning to the ground is heard behind me along with sirens from not too far away. All I can hope is that Finn is safe.

XXXXX

So....I did a thing. A Teen Wolf thing. A story thing.

The next chapter will explain the story of Peyton and Finn a bit more.

So, yeah!