Chapter 3- Gettin' Money $$

Start from the beginning

The man, Huey, reached into his shoe and pulled out a few bills. When I saw him pull the money out his shoe, I knew that he had to be in some kind of drug business. No normal working person kept money in a shoe.

"Here lil ma, you dont have to worry about giving it back," Huey said as he gave me the money.

I looked down and saw that he had given me $300. This was way more than what I needed. "Thank you," I said as I looked up at him.

He looked me up and down, but not in a creepy way, before giving me a small smile and walking out the door with my mom. I don't know how my mom knew him, but he came in handy today. Now I dont have to worry about how to get King's money.

I let out a sigh of relief, and no more than 2 minutes later there was a knock at the door. I got up to open it, and expected to see King, but surprisingly, it was someone else.

August POV

"Who's car we taking?" Denzel asked as we walked out the trap.

"Let's take my truck," I answered as we walked to my candy apple red escalade. We pulled out the trap and headed to the first stop. It was this man named Riley. He owed Mel $50. That may seem like a small amount, but Mel didn't play when it came to his money. He felt that if you let people owe you big amounts then they would have less respect for you. They would think that they could owe you money with no consequences. I turned on the radio and Type of Way by Rich Homie Quan blasted through my speakers.

We pulled up to a medium sized house just outside the hood.

"Lets make this interesting. I bet you a rack, that this is a white man," Denzel said. He acted like he was addicted to betting. He made a new bet at least twice a week.

"No way man, we're to close to the hood for a white man. I bet its a black man who thinks he's better than everyone else," I said accepting his bet.

We got out the car and walked to the door. I knocked and waited for someone to open it. The door opened revealing a young white man.

"I win, pay up my nigga," Denzel said happily.

"I got you when we get back to the trap," I said then turned back to the man. "Are you Riley?".

"Yeah, who wants to know?" he asked nervously.

"We're here to get King's money," Denzel replied.

He gave us a wierd look, let us in, and walked off to one of the back rooms. Denzel put his hand on his gun just in case he tried anything. A few minutes later he came out with his hands behind his back. I grabbed my nine and put it to my side while Denzel raised his to Riley's head.

"I thought you would be smarter than this. I really dont want any problems, just give us the money," I said.

"No, that white was no good. Im not paying for it," he said pulling a gun from behind his back, pointing it at me. We were in a tough situation. Mel didnt just go around killing people who owed him money. He didnt want us to kill either. He knew that killing a person wasnt going to get him any money. It would scare other people, but he still wouldnt get the money. 

"You really going through all this trouble over $50. Just give us the money," Denzel said, taking a step closer to him.

" Take another step and I kill him," Riley said, referring to me.

"Mel will just have to be mad at me for this," Denzel said as he shot Riley twice in the head. He reacted quickly because he couldn't risk Riley shooting me. He's down to ride and quick to pull a trigger for me, just like I am for him. Denzel pulled out his phone and called some of our youngin's to come get his body. We had a small group of workers who took care of the bodies. We didn't always have time to cover our tracks, so we had some loyal people do it for us.

"Mel wont be mad. That nigga had a gun to my head. It was just self defense," I said as I looked at Riley's lifeless body. I had never actually killed someone myself, but I had been a witness to more than a few murders. It was still strange to watch it happen.

We left the house and headed to the next spot on our list.

***

We finally pulled up to the last place on our list. It was in the center of the hood. This place was the definition of ghetto. The last three trips went by smoothly, and the people just gave us the money. We had made bets on each one of them and so far Denzel had won 2 and I had won 2, this was our tie breaker.

"Im think it's going to be a girl this time," Denzel said as we walked through the apartments.

"I'm saying it's a teenage boy, hiding it from his parents," I replied.

"Aug, why you always trying to guess the backgrounds too? You makin' it harder on yourself. Just guess boy or girl and a race," Denzel said lauging at how specific I was.

"I don't know, that makes it interesting," I said while knocking on the door.

The door opened and I was shocked.

****************************************

Could there be a message behind Keyanna's dream?

What do you think of Keyanna and Kim's mom?

What about Huey?

Who's you favorite character so far?

Should Denzel have killed Riley?

Who won the bet?

What do you think about the story so far?

Should it be love at first sight between August and Keyanna?

Please answer these questions. I need some feedback. Please VOTE & COMMENT so I know someone likes my story!!!