Chapter XXXXI | Auditions (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Thank you for auditioning Audrey and Jay," Fairy Godmother said, "the results will be posted the day after tomorrow."

"I'll go next!" Lonnie said, raising her hand, "You'll be in for a show," she whispered to you. Lonnie walked over to the group of boys sitting over on the right side of the auditorium and asked one to be her partner. The two went onto the stage. "We're starting after the both of the singing parts of 'Once Upon a Dream'," Lonnie said.

"Who are you, I didn't catch your name," the boy said, reaching out his hand.

"My name is........no-" Lonnie said, "no, I'm sorry! I have to go!"

"Wait, when will I see you again?" The boy asked, the stage lights bouncing off his brown hair.

"I'll see you in a better place!" Lonnie said, turning to go.

The boy's brown eyes flashed with amusement. "You mean when we're dead?"

"Well no, maybe I'll see you on the other side!"

"Of the forest? When? Where?"

"At the cottage, in the glen!" Lonnie ran off the stage and came back to the seating area.

"What was that!?" Mal asked.

"What," Lonnie shrugged, "Did you not like my puns?"

"Be serious here or we won't beat Audrey!" Mal scolded.

"As if you could do better," Lonnie challenged Mal.

"Oh you just watch me," Mal said. She dragged Ben along and they went next.

🌸Time Lapse🌸

Mal and Ben were the only group so far to follow the script exactly. Jane rushed through her turn, but the boy who was Prince Phillip with her spoke too slowly while trying to recall the script word-for-word. Evie somehow managed to get the stage lights to her advantage. One by one the teams went and the clock started to slow. You were nervous. You had always wanted to try casting in a play, but the thought of the stage scared you. And snuck a look at Carlos. He was nervous too. While two seniors were auditioning, you went over and sat by Carlos. He had agreed to be Prince Phillip for your audition.

"Nervous?" You asked him. He nodded. "I am too. I guess it's not too bad if you think about it right? The crowd's not that big."

"I suppose," Carlos said. "I just, never thought I'd get myself into something like this. Heck I don't even go and watch plays, is this how it's always like."

"Well, with practice it'll be better," you said, "At least if we fail, we'll fail together." Way to be optimistic, (y/n), you thought. Just as you thought that, Fairy Godmother said, "Next." It was now your turn.

You walked up to the stage your arms shaking slightly. You could feel sweat droplets starting to build on the back of your neck. Why am I even nervous, you thought, trying to calm yourself. You opened your mouth but no words came out. I can't do this, you trembled. The sweat droplets rolled down your neck. Your heart thumped in your chest. I'm going to make a complete fool of myself, you thought.

A voice snapped you out of it. "I'm awfully sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you," Carlos's voice rang out, sending warmth to you. He reached out and touched your hand, sending warmth up our fingertips. Your face flushed and you turned away.

"Oh it wasn't that. It's just that you're a, a ..." You continued the script. Thanks Carlos, I owe you one for saving me back there.

"Stranger?" Carlos asked. You nodded, starting to calm down again.

"But don't you remember, we've met before," Carlos said, looking into your eyes.

"We've-We've have?" You stuttered as Carlos moved closer, placing one of his hands on your hip.

"Of course, You said so yourself: Once upon a dream!" Carlos said. He leaned closer, and you felt your face heat up. "How are you with dancing?" Carlos whispered. You gritted your teeth.

"Not too good."

"It's kind of two late for that," Carlos breathed, and he pulled you into a dance. The two of you sang "Once Upon a Time" and ended your audition.

"What was that?" Mal asked as the two of you got back. "That was almost as bad as Lonnie's! You," she pointed as you, "kept turning red. And Carlos," she looked at Carlos, "never try to be a charming prince again, you looked like a stick trying to hold up a red tomato." You were about to retort, but Doug actually helped this time.

"Shhhh!!!" Doug said to Mal, who glared at him. He shrunk in his seat and Evie gave him an 'it's okay' look.

"Oh look, the new girl is auditioning too," Jane whispered. Your eyes shot to the stage. No one was on there, but Zylie was walking down the aisle.

"If you don't mind, I-I'd like to audition for Sleeping Beauty," Zylie said.

"Well of course dear, but you need a Prince Phillip," Fairy Godmother said, looking at the crowd. You saw some boys glancing and muttering with each other. You heard them say something about "freshman" and "Audrey". No one volunteered.

"I guess I don't really have to be Sleeping Beauty," Zylie said, down casted.

"Are you sure?" Fairy Godmother asked.

"I actually don't mind really," Zylie said, but you could hear the disappointment in her voice.

"Wait!" A voice called out. Everyone turned that way. "I'll be her partner." Your jaw dropped when you saw who volunteered. It was none other than Chad Charming.

🌸Vote, Feedback, Comment, Read On🌸
🍃192.11K Reads | 9.14K Votes | 5.15K Comments🍃

Hey Dreamers,

I'm sorry I couldn't update last week, I had to study for finals. Good news, schools over so I'll be able to update every week (unless my parents take me on a surprise vacation which is actually very possible). Thank you all so much for all the support in the last chapter. Your comments made me tear up with joy and I thank you for that. It really means a lot to me. I hope ou enjoyed this chapter and sorry for the cliffhangers. (Blame my brother for hurting my finger [It's swelling 😩], causing my update speed to decrease)

Sweet dreams/daydreams, I hope to see you next time!

~Dream_Givers