Chapter 2

==SHANES POV==

The bus stopped and I quickly rushed off. I didn't want to be charmed by Joey anymore. If I fell for him...

I got to my locker and spun my combo, 3-12-7. I got my books out and knocked on my homeroom teachers door. She let me in, because the whole school knew about me being bullied. They just didn't do anything about it.

"Hi Shane. I'm Mrs. McGregor. I'm the English teacher."

She seemed really nice.

"Who's in our homeroom?" I was really curious.

"I have a list here." She handed me a list with some kids names on it. A few caught my eye-

Sawyer Hartman

Luke Conard

Joey Graceffa

Of course Joey had to be in my class. Why was I falling for him when I'd barely met him?

==JOEYS POV==

I hated myself for not being nice enough to Shane. He looked depressed and bullied- like I was back in Boston. I had to reach out to him.

But who was I kidding? I liked Shane, gay or not. I just wish we had at least a couple of classes together. He was my only friend so far, no one else talked to me. I got to my locker and dialed my combo, and a girl with brown hair came up to me.

"Just to warn you, don't hang around Shane if you want to survive high school."

I went to say something, but she walked away, joining a group of girls. I sighed, and grabbed some books and looked at my schedule. My homeroom was 132. Mrs. McGregor. The bell rang and I walked in. I was the first one in. But I saw someone else sitting down, their head down. It looked like... Shane! I quickly walked over and sat next to him.

"Hi Shane!" I tried to get him to look up, and he did.

"Wha-oh, hi Joey."

I heard some noise and I turned around and saw the two guys who were bullying Shane at the bus stop.

"Got a new boyfriend, Dawson? F*ggot." One of them hit Shane in the head. I stood up.

"What's your problem?" I tried to be serious, but my voice cracked up.

"Aw, sticking up for your little boyfriend? How cute." He walked up to me and slapped my face. It stung, but I didn't back down.

"He's not even gay! Leave him alone!" I replied.

I heard him whisper, "You don't know anything, do you?"