The Hidden Oracle; Apollo Drops By

Y/n's POV

It had been six months since the Prophecy of the Eight had been completed. That meant it had also been six months since I'd lost Leo Valdez, the love of my life. So while I should have been happy that the world was saved from Gaea's destruction, I wasn't. And ever since, I hadn't been the same. Camp Half Blood didn't feel like home anymore. Nowhere really did. But it was all I had, so I stayed. With that brought up memories of Leo and I, and the never ending cycle of sadness began again. It was now January, and Percy thought I could use a change of scenery, so he had invited me to spend a few days with him, Sally, and Paul.

"And I win again!" I cheer as my Mario Kart character crossed the finish line first. "Man, you suck, Percy."

"The only reason you're good at this game is because you learned all the tricks from Leo," Percy countered playfully. When Percy saw my mood drop, his did as well. "Sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay," I assure him and set down my remote. "I'm uh, I'm over it."

"No you're not," Percy disagreed. "But that's okay. You have the right to be upset for as long as you need, Y/n. It's only been six months."

"Exactly, Percy. It's been six months," I cry out. "I should feel better by now. Instead I'm still moping around and barely eating. At camp I can't go anywhere without seeing something that reminds me of Leo. I mean, the beach used to be my favorite place there, but now I can't step foot in the sand without remembering how that's where Leo and I shared our first kiss, or how we used to build sandcastles in our free time. I just want things to go back to normal again."

"Y/n! Percy!" Sally called out. "You have a visitor!"

Percy frowned. "A visitor? Were you expecting someone?"

"No. You?" I quiz.

"Nope," Percy replied and stood up. I followed after him to the front door, where Sally was standing by the buzzer that connected to the front entrance to the apartment. "Mom? Who's here?"

"Some dude claiming to be Apollo," Sally announced.

"Um...." I trailed off and looked at Percy. "Should we let him in?"

"I don't know. I was gonna have you decide. You're smarter," Percy pointed out.

"That means nothing right now," I argue. "Besides, you're older. You decide."

"What? Nuh-uh. You are not playing that card right now," Percy retorted.

"Guys," Sally interjected. "I already buzzed him up."

"You what?!" Percy and I exclaimed at the same time.

"I already buzzed him up," Sally repeated and pat Percy's shoulder. "Good luck."

"Why?" Percy questioned when he opened the front door.

"Percy Jackson," Apollo greeted and caught sight of me standing just behind him. "Ah, and Y/n L/n too! It's my lucky day. I am in need of assistance."

"Who's your friend?" I ask and nod to the middle school aged girl who had been hiding behind him.

"This is Meg McCaffrey," Apollo introduced. "She's a demigod who must be taken to Camp Half-Blood. She rescued me from street thugs."

"Rescued? You mean the 'beat-up teenager' look isn't just a disguise? Dude, what happened to you?" Percy inquired.

"I may have mentioned the street thugs," Apollo brought up.

"But you're a god," I mention. "Gods are immortal. Just heal yourself and leave. We don't have the time to deal with you. Actually, its more like I don't want to deal with you."