Chapter Four

Dedicated to endless.obsession;)

Jessica

"Hey muffin, get up!" Jay shouted, standing over my bed.

I groaned and rolled over to the other side.

"Why would you wake me up so early?" I asked.

"Early? Its ten o'clock! Get up!" He shouted, annoyingly.

I didn't answer.

"Okay then." He murmured.

I didn't bother. I was happy that he had left me alone.

SPLASH! A wave of cold water hit my face. I awoke with a start.

"You stupid, idiotic baboon!" I cursed him.

"Baboon?" He laughed. "You do have a way with words."

I glared at him.

If he wanted to play rough, then be it. Game on.

With this thought, I smiled. "Why are you smiling all of a sudden? I thought you'd be angry." He said, confused.

"Nothing. Nothing at all." I answered, grinning at the thought.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

As I came out of the bathroom after getting dressed, Mr.I love myself was wearing his shoes.

"Uh..I have to go somewhere. I'll be back after lunch." He said and left.

Freedom!

But I wonder why he left so suddenly? But why do I care? Now I'll have time to plan my revenge...

My phone beeped.

It must be mom. I didn't call her yesterday.

I went near my nightstand and picked up my phone and opened the message.

"Hello Jessica Sanders,

We know about you superpower - flying. And we could help you."

Below was an address which was just a block away and eleven o'clock written.

How did they know? I never told anyone about it!

But if they could help me...

I glanced at the time. 10.55am.

What's the harm in going?

I quickly wore my shoes, locked the door and headed out.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

The address was of a peach coloured house. I rechecked the address.

Yup. This is the one.

I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell.

After about ten seconds, someone opened the door.

It was a man. He seemed to be about 30-ish.

"Uh..I had got a message..." I started. But the man cut me off."Yes, Jessica Sanders, isn't it?"

I nodded. "Please come in."

I followed the man inside. It was a well-furnished house.

On the couch, a man and a woman were sitting. As I came in, they looked at me expectantly.

...Okay..

"This is Jessica Sanders." The man who had brought me said and left.

"Please have a seat, Jessica." The woman said, smiling. "My name is Marcy."

I sat down on the couch in front of them.

"My name is Daniel." The man said.

"So..you told me that you could help me?" I asked.

"Yes, we could." Marcy said. "So...flying..quite a remarkable superpower..isn't it?"

"I'm sorry..but..I don't understand how you know that." I said.

"Oh..we have ways of finding out." Daniel replied, his eyes twinkling.

Marcy must have seen my confused look.

"See Jessica, in this world, there are some people who are born with abilities. Like Rose, for example, has incredible strength." She gestured to a girl who was playing in the backyard with a couple of other kids.

"And there is a stone- Zoi, if you touch it and then touch another object, that object will turn into silver."

My eyes widened.

"It was originally kept in our museum but a man stole it. He wanted that stone so that he could use it for himself. And then we tried to get it back and had a fight. And then, the stone got lost. We have been trying to find it since years. Now, we have the information that the stone is in this town. But, apparently, the man- Jake Sangster , also knows that. And he is using the children with special abilities to find that stone. He calls his team, Blacklist. So, we have gathered a bunch of kids with superpowers who could find that stone and if necessary..fight." Marcy finished.

I was speechless. My mind was whirling with thoughts.

Daniel seemed to read my expression.

"We would train you, and you would still be a normal school-going teen." He assured me.

Normal? Yeah, fighting for a stone that could make anything silver is normal.

"I think I need some time to think about it.." I finally spoke.

"Oh that's okay..you can take your time." Marcy answered. "And in case you wanna talk to either of us, you could come here again, anytime." She smiled.

"Uh..okay." I said and left the building.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

I sat on my bed, thinking about it. Jay wasn't home yet - but then, it was only twelve. He had said that he would come after lunch.

So that explains it. I am a superhero.

And I could help to bring Zoi back to its right place.

But how will I? It could be anywhere in this town. And its a stone. How will I find it?

Suddenly, the door opened. Jay came in, looking quite shocked.

I can't tell him anything about this.

So, I faked a smile.

"What's the matter?" I asked. "Why the horrified face? And you said that you wouldn't be back before lunch."

He seemed confused. "Uh..yeah..I came early. And.." He seemed to zone out.

"Hey!" I snapped my fingers. He came back to reality.

"Huh?" He closed his eyes, took a deep breath and opened them.

"Missed me?" He asked, grinning.

Uh oh..he's back to normal.

"You wish!"

"Wanna play monopoly?" He asked, taking it out if his bag.

"Sure, but don't complain afterwards if you lose." I answered.

He laughed. "We'll see, Muffin."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Hey guys:)
So this is the turning point. How is the story now?
Vote and Comment!!