Chapter One

The sight was austere and stark, lifeless; the human mind would never suspect the land, nor even inspect it for any materials. The ground was littered with the aftermath of an explosion of some sort, and a lot of dust was gliding in the tainted air, in some areas of this barren wasteland; if someone who had inhabited this place before its climactic downfall, it would be poignant. A lilliputian Alpha Class-II nano-scanner hovered over the stark land and scanned the primary layers of the earth several times and transmitted a signal to the nearest science patrol office, after accepting the fact that nothing of any value was in the land, it spun 360 degrees and headed for Base 235, approximately 2.2 miles east of the scanner's current position. During its transition, a larger, blue hued circular Beta Class 1 Terra scanner hovered by to inspect the profounder bowels of this area. It repeated the same scanning sequence over about eight times before it reached its inspection limit and decided to turn for Base. Its small thrusters yielded intense heat and other elements (some attained in space) to turn it 360 degrees as the other scanner had succeeded to do. It began to construct a transmission to inform Base 235 that it had had no success in recovering anything new. Just as its primary thrusters gave way to launch this machine back home, there was a terrifying squeal that was heard for miles, literally.

The machine had found something. This was the oddest thing experienced in this region in months since its climactic demise. The scanner proceeded to delete the recent transmission and construct a new one before even scanning to see what it was that disrupted its scanner. Instantaneously, the entire exterior of the machine yielded a red light in response . The scanner began its inspection of the earth and as the scanner acquired information, it sent it off the information via transmission as well