Homecoming

In the command center, everyone was overlooking security footage of the room where Bucky and Alec's cells were being kept.

They heard a man named Zemo's voice. "Hello, Mr. Barnes. Hello, Mr. Anders. I've been sent by the United Nations to evaluate you. Do you mind if I sit? Mr. Barnes, your first name is James?"

        ✯     

Steve, Bree, Sam and Sharon were in the office.

Sharon handed a receipt to Sam. "The receipt for your gear."

Sam read the receipt. "Bird costume? Come on."

"I didn't write it," Sharon told him.

Bree was sitting at the table, still uneasy and restless, troubled.

Sharon felt sorry for Bree, turning on the TV to show them the security footage of the interrogation.

They heard Zemo. "I'm not here to judge you." Steve looked at Sharon. Sharon nodded. "I just want to ask you a few questions. Do you know where you are, James? I can't help you if you don't talk to me, Alec."

Bucky looked up. "My name is Bucky."

        ✯     

Outside, the ITPD van was still outside.

The man was waiting. "Hello?" Another man walked out of the building. Man 1 got out of the van, walking toward the back of the van. "Hey. I have a big delivery for you." Man 2 walked closer. They pulled a large box out of the back of the van, putting it down. "Here. Just sign here."

Man 2 pointed at his electronic device. "Here?"

"Yeah," Man 1 answered.

Man 2 signed the electronic device.

        ✯     

In the office, Steve was looking at the picture of Alec from the bombing newspaper. "Why would the task force release this photo to begin with?"

"Get the word out, involve as many eyes as we can," Sharon answered.

Steve nodded. "Right. It's a good way to flush two guys out of hiding. Set off a bomb, get your picture taken. It got seven billion people looking for Dark Shadow and the Winter Soldier."

"You're saying someone framed them to find them," Bree told him.

"Steve, you and Bree looked for these guys for two years and found nothing," Sam told him.

"We didn't bomb the UN," Bree told them. "That turns a lot of heads."

"Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed them would get him a guarantee that we would," Sharon told them.

They thought for a moment.

Bree looked at the security footage of Zemo interrogation Bucky and Alec. "Yeah."

        ✯     

In the locked room with the cages, Zemo sat a table outside of the cages. "Tell me, gentlemen. You've seen a great deal, haven't you?"

"I don't want to talk about it," Bucky told him.

"You feel that... if you open your mouth, the horrors might never stop?" Zemo asked. Bucky didn't answer. Alec gazed off, still trying to remember anything else. "Don't worry." Zemo got a notification on his tablet that the package was delivered. "We only have to talk about one."