#2 - Muggle Cafe

Hermione•

Hermione loved coming to the cafe across from The Leaky Cauldron. Nobody ever noticed the Leaky Cauldron as it seems smelly and a run down pub to the muggles, but it was one of the entrances to Diagon Alley.

Hermione choose a booth at the window and waited for a waitress.
After she had ordered a coffee and a jam doughnut, She pulled out her favourite muggle book, Romeo and Juliet.

She placed the bookmark on the table but at the side of her, so she could reach it with no effort, she sipped her coffee and didn't touch her doughnut.

The shop bell rang through Hermione's ears a little while later, normally she would ignore it but this time she decided to look up. A tall man, around her age walked it with platinum blonde hair. He turned around and look directly at Hermione.

As soon as those eyes met hers she knew exactly who it was.

What is HE doing here? It's a muggle cafe and apparently muggles make him sick?! Hermione scolded to herself and returned to her book.

"Hermione" She immediately looked up, surprised that he called her by her first name! "Are you alright?" Draco asked as he sat opposite her.

Hermione, unsure what to do, grabbed her bookmark and placed it in the book and put her hand around the handle of her coffee cup.

"Fine thank you, Draco. How are you?" It felt weird having a civilised conversation with her enemy.

"Alive and well." He chuckled and smiled at her. She felt happy that he could be himself around her.

Hermione looked out the window and her gaze met Ron's. Attached to Ron was Lavender.

She immediately returned her gaze towards Draco and smiled.

"So, you order a doughnut and don't even eat it?" Draco laughed and pointed toward the large doughnut in the middle of the table.

"Oh! I forgot about it! You can have it if you want?" Hermione laughed and smiled pushing the doughnut towards Draco.

"Thanks!!" Draco's face lightened up and picked up the fork and picked a piece of it off and put it in his mouth.

"You eat a doughnut with a fork!" Hermione half shouted, "You weirdo!" Hermione laughed as Draco looked at her.

"I was being polite and I don't want doughnuty smelling hands, okay?" Draco said putting down the fork and looking at her with a smile creeping onto his face.

"I was joking, eat how ever you feel like" They both stared into one another's eyes.

Brown meet grey.

"Hermione!" A voice interrupted their gazing and they both turned around to see Ron and Lavender stood there, with their jaws agape.

"Yes, Ronald?"

"What are you doing having coffee with the FERRET!" Ron was furious.

"I don't think it's any of your business what I do in my spare time, and if I wish to spend an afternoon with Draco, I shall" Hermione didn't look at Ron once, she just looked at Draco or down to her coffee before she took a sip.

"Draco? Your on first name basis now, if you want to be his harlot then go on then! You better tell Harry!" Ron scolded.

"Ronald Weasley! How dare you call me a harlot!" Hermione let out a shakey breathe, and continued. "The war is over Ronald, get over it! If me and Draco would like to be civil to one another who are you to stop us? Now, if you don't mind. Draco and I were in the middle of a conversation YOU rudely interrupted!" Hermione cleared her throat and took another small sip from her coffee.

Draco was in shock. He'd never thought that Hermione would ever say such a thing to one of her best friends over him.

Draco likes this side of Hermione. Ron glared at them both, Draco didn't know where to look so, he looked at Hermione. Hermione looked at him.

"Goodbye Ronald"

With that Ron and Lavender walked out the cafe without looking back, Draco stared at Hermione a little while longer before she started to laugh.

"I feel like a naughty school girl" Hermione chuckles which caused Draco to laugh.

They were getting along. Before they knew it, they both were thinking the same thing.

They could be married with two children. Harry could learn to accept them, Ron would never understand. They both could have a chance to be happy, To be accepted by everyone they love, even if they had to go down the bumpiest road ever to reach it.

Hermione and Draco both liked the sound of that.

Mr Draco Malfoy and Mrs Hermione Malfoy. Yes, they both did  like the sound of that.